Heyman: Dodgers interested in Britton

Luke-OH

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, phillyOs119 said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/beltway-notes-buy-or-sell-britton-masn-solis.html

What does everyone think, what would you need from the Dodgers to make this move?  Is Britton's current value (coming off injury) high enough to get a return that would be palatable to the O's?

I would hope so. They have to try to see what they can get in return. I am afraid the FO will still turn a blindeye to the problems of the team. That they are not a playoff contender.

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

If we would've pulled the trigger in the offseason we could've gotten Bellinger and Wood for him.  

I was a proponent of trading him and Brach at the peak of their value this past off-season. 

6 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Apparently they have no one we would want really. 

Dodgers could offer some MLB ready corner outfield help. Maybe a pitcher two or three years away.

Disagree about pitching help. Walker Buehler is doing well at AA. His ETA is a year away but the Orioles could call him up now. Brock Stewart profiles as a #3 starter and is mlb ready.

Just now, Lucky_13 said:

Disagree about pitching help. Walker Buehler is doing well at AA. His ETA is a year away but the Orioles could call him up now. Brock Stewart profiles as a #3 starter and is mlb ready.

The question is whether Britton currently has the value to get Buehler.  He could get Stewart + a little more I think, which would be an option if we wanted to soft sell.  

12 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If we would've pulled the trigger in the offseason we could've gotten Bellinger and Wood for him.  

Was that an actual reported offer?? Man, that would've changed the entire season. 

1 minute ago, phillyOs119 said:

The question is whether Britton currently has the value to get Buehler.  He could get Stewart + a little more I think, which would be an option if we wanted to soft sell.  

If he shows he is healthy the next two weeks he gets a ton back in return.  I would say a combination of any two of these guys.  Buehler, Callhoun, Verdugo, or Alverez.

3 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

True. I think he will by the time the deadline rolls around. His command has been off but the stuff is there. 

Archived