Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

You aren't going to get a legit mlb piece with team control for 3+ yrs for anything less than what we just gave imo. I also liked Myers, but this is a nice deal.

Aristotlian (sp?) said something about us giving up a non-propsect.  It was that labeling that I objected to.

5 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I'm not sure why TBR made this deal.

Exactly what I was thinking. Who do they have to play short? How much does he cost?

does this mean flaherty is done? That will almost make up for them trading my favorite Kim? 

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Fun facts about Tim Beckham:

He's been suspended twice for a drug of abuse.

He has been demoted for not hustling.

He lost his SS job when the Rays traded for Adeiny Hechavarria. Hechavarria is only backing up until Duffy is back. 

So the Rays backup-backup SS is our SS of the future?

Yikes. Did not know any of that. 

1 minute ago, 21xxxv said:

They surely know how to evaluate young talent. So, They probably saw something more than the slugs from this orgaization saw when it comes from player development. 

Well, if you go in with this mindset/outlook, then you'll never be satisfied with any deal we make because there must be something wrong with what we're receiving or underrated with what we're dealing to make it happen (with this outlook).

5 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Fun facts about Tim Beckham:

He's been suspended twice for a drug of abuse.

He has been demoted for not hustling.

He lost his SS job when the Rays traded for Adeiny Hechavarria. Hechavarria is only backing up until Duffy is back. 

So the Rays backup-backup SS is our SS of the future?

Duuffy is more of a third baseman and he wouldn't start over either of those guys.

Archived