Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

Just now, FlipTheBird said:

MLB.com ranks them as the Dodgers' No. 4, 17 and 27, respectively. Calhoun only one in Top 100 (69).

I wonder if people would be complaining if that was what we got for Britton?

And I wonder if someone of them would be the same people that are no compaining we didn't trade Britton?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

Reaction from Rays site. They actually acknowledged Beckham's potential. I like this trade. 

https://www.draysbay.com/2017/7/31/16071860/mlb-trade-deadline-tampa-bay-rays-trade-tim-beckham-to-the-baltimore-orioles

I think Beckham is starting to break out offensively. Just odd the Rays were so eager to dump him

Just now, Lucky_13 said:

I think Beckham is starting to break out offensively. Just odd the Rays were so eager to dump him

Hitting .160 in July, he's got a funny way of breaking out.

I know...you were talking about his season as a whole being an improvement over past years, which it is....

16 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Fun facts about Tim Beckham:

He's been suspended twice for a drug of abuse.

He has been demoted for not hustling.

He lost his SS job when the Rays traded for Adeiny Hechavarria. Hechavarria is only backing up until Duffy is back. 

So the Rays backup-backup SS is our SS of the future?

He also has a career .964 FL pct at SS (awful), K's a ton, doesn't have great range, and we gave up one of our brightest young arms in the process.

Just now, SteveA said:

I know...you were talking about his season as a whole being an improvement over past years, which it is....

I think that was more of him feeling he got slighted loosing his job after a month he OPSed .850.  He finally looked like the talent was comming out and he gets replaced. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

Ok. So would you have taken what Texas got for Zach?

Not this time.

If Britton were in the final year of his contract, sure. Get him out of town. But if that's similar to what they were offering the O's, I'm not sure it wows me enough. Alexy and Davis are both longterm projects. Calhoun has a good bat but doesn't really have a position.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Well as long as we're cherry picking batting average by month, he hit 272 in april, 263 in may, and 309 in june. 

Archived