The Wildcard Race

NCRaven

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, SteveO said:

It's all about the starting pitching IMO. They don't even need to sustain the level they have as of late. They simply need to be good enough to keep them in games and give their bats a chance to win. Also not overtaxing the bullpen would be nice :) . A month ago I would have given the O's a 10% chance or less based on just how god awful the SP was. Now .....50/50%

Objectively, it's nowhere near 50/50.    There are three teams ahead of us.  Even if you ignored the fact that they have a lead on us, and ignored the possibility that a team behind us could catch up, that would put our odds at 25%.    But, I'll certainly hope our odds improve as the games go by.    

Still only 2.5 back. 

If there was ever a time for a four game sweep it would be now. But the A's are sending three young pitchers at us which makes me nervous. Need 3/4. 

Competitive baseball and start of Raven's football. Best part of the year. 

28 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

These are all .500 caliber teams ahead of us. Play .600 baseball and we will blow past them.

Exactly.    This isn't as complicated or daunting as it at first appears.    But we have to play reasonably well if we want to end up in the wild card game.

Archived