Buck: Chris will be a good pitcher next year

wildcard

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

In recent years the Pittsburgh Pirates have become known for ‘fixing’ pitchers. A.J. BurnettFrancisco LirianoMark MelanconEdinson Volquez, and J.A. Happ are just some examples of this. A big reason for this has been due to the Pirates having one of the best, if not the best, pitching coach in all of Major League Baseball in Ray Searage.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/rumbunter.com/2016/08/12/ray-searage-still-pitcher-whisperer/amp/

https://www.si.com/mlb/2016/03/28/pittsburgh-pirates-ray-searage-pitching-coach

Wish the O's had a PC as good as him.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I'm not asking a rhetorical question.    I'm pretty ignorant of Searage's accomplishments, so I'm looking for information.   Whose careers has he revived?    Were any of them dealing with physical issues similar to Tillman's?

Dave Johnson acted like it was a personal conversation about Chris changing his motion to avoid causing the pain again. SOunds like it is a physical issue, but not a current "injury." 

2 minutes ago, weams said:

Wasn't Leo Mazzone a HOF level pitching coach?  was he not disgusted with the arms he saw when he got here. And their attitudes towards work and following instruction?

I don't see your point. Every team wants to have a great pitching coach. Wouldn't you agree?

18 minutes ago, weams said:

Wasn't Leo Mazzone a HOF level pitching coach?  was he not disgusted with the arms he saw when he got here. And their attitudes towards work and following instruction?

24 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I think Mazzone is illustrative of the fact that not all great pitching coaches find success depending on the circumstances.

He was good for Bedard and Guthrie, not so good for Lopez and Chen.    

45 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I don't see your point. Every team wants to have a great pitching coach. Wouldn't you agree?

It's you that I do not understand. All 30 teams would love to have Searage. Would Searage be good with all 30 teams? 15? 5? Any? Who knows.

Archived