Phillies raid the O’s front office once again

Frobby

Ben Werthan, Orioles’ advance scouting director, to the Phillies.    Their FO now includes MacPhail, Klentak, Rice, Proefrock, Jordan, Gillick and Werthan.     Only Rice and Werthan were hired away from our organization, but all worked for us at one time.    

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Richmond Bird 9 said:

Could this be a possible side effect of Dan and Buck not having contracts past 2018. He is getting a 3 yr deal now vs not knowing what is going to happen end of 2018 beginning of 2019.

I don't know? The is a dysfunctional organization. I don't blame anyone for getting out while they can. I am or was hoping the sons would be smarter than Peter in owning and operating a team. 

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

John Werthan, Orioles’ advance scouting director, to the Phillies.    Their FO now includes MacPhail, Klentak, Rice, Proefrock, Jordan, Gillick and Werthan.     Only Rice and Werthan were hired away from our organization, but all worked for us at one time.    

5 minutes ago, weams said:

That's a misleading headline. There's nothing in the article that suggests the Phillies are actually targeting Chris Tillman. It's just a writer saying, "I think the Phillies should target Chris Tillman."

Kind of like when a writer said, "Maybe the Phillies would be interested in Buck Showalter" and everyone took that to mean the Phillies were going after him.

3 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

That's a misleading headline. There's nothing in the article that suggests the Phillies are actually targeting Chris Tillman. It's just a writer saying, "I think the Phillies should target Chris Tillman."

Kind of like when a writer said, "Maybe the Phillies would be interested in Buck Showalter" and everyone took that to mean the Phillies were going after him.

Sounds like a Pressbox Online artilce to me ;)

Archived