Phillies raid the O’s front office once again

Frobby

11 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Phillies can have Tillman if they really want him. 

14 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Then let them have him. 

Ugh, this is exactly what I was talking about earlier. People are just reading the misleading headline "Phillies Targeting Chris Tillman" and are assuming it means the Phillies are actually pursuing him, when that's not what the story says at all. This is how false rumors get started.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/5/2017 at 8:44 AM, PaulFolk said:

Ugh, this is exactly what I was talking about earlier. People are just reading the misleading headline "Phillies Targeting Chris Tillman" and are assuming it means the Phillies are actually pursuing him, when that's not what the story says at all. This is how false rumors get started.

I only saw a post where it said the Phillies wanted Tilllman. I thought it was real. Not someone's idea of a joke. That's why I said let them have him. 

6 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The Phillies have lost at least 89 games the last five games. The leadership team McPhail is building was mostly here during the time the Orioles never had a winning record. Are we really supposed to be upset over this?

We do tend to make mountains out of molehills here. :):):)

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

The Phillies have lost at least 89 games the last five games. The leadership team McPhail is building was mostly here during the time the Orioles never had a winning record. Are we really supposed to be upset over this?

No, it’s just interesting.    As I mentioned, only two people actually were hired away from us, anyway.     The others just used to be with the O’s at one time.    

31 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Beginning to think that "PhillyOs119" might be a spy...The name alone makes this connection...

In all seriousness, aren't the Phillies in a "rebuild?"

It’s about time they emerged from the rebuild.   They had the youngest team in Baseball in 2017, and a fair number of their best prospects are major league ready.   

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s about time they emerged from the rebuild.   They had the youngest team in Baseball in 2017, and a fair number of their best prospects are major league ready.   

Plus, isn't it next season they are supposed to have the most amount of money coming of the books?

19 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Plus, isn't it next season they are supposed to have the most amount of money coming of the books?

They arent expected to carry a big payroll, spending the money elsewhere.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/phillies-will-spend-on-analytics-and-ballpark-but-carry-relatively-low-payroll-in-2018-team-president-says-20171003.html

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Beginning to think that "PhillyOs119" might be a spy...The name alone makes this connection...

In all seriousness, aren't the Phillies in a "rebuild?"

Ha, if I was I surely wouldn’t be targeting the Orioles advanced scouting, that seems to be a team weakness.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

The article says the Phillies have one starter.   That doesn't sound  like a team ready to emerge.    

Yea, yea.  I know the O's only have two.  And that is the current problem.

Archived