Heyman Says The Dodgers and Cubs Are Interested in Britton Again

section18

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/14/2017 at 10:47 AM, spiritof66 said:

I continue to be a little surprised by the repeated comments about strategies or decisions by Duquette (and in some instances Showalter) that focus short-sightedly on trying to win in 2018 rather than on building a competitive team in the years beyond that.

I think it's tough to ask short-term contracted management and a deathly old owner to sabotage today to better a future that doesn't exist for any of them. They all want to win, they all have to win now; they're all unemployed or dead within 3-5 years at most.

1 minute ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I think it's tough to ask short-term contracted management and a deathly old owner to sabotage today to better a future that doesn't exist for any of them. They all want to win, they all have to win now; they're all unemployed or dead within 3-5 years at most.

If Angelos was sabotaging a future, he would not have spent money on Sarasota.

5 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

If Angelos was sabotaging a future, he would not have spent money on Sarasota.

How much money did he spend in Sarasota?

How much was spent by Sarasota?

He spent years and years looking for the best deal he could get.

Frankly the O's Spring Training situation was pretty embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I'm just talking about why they refuse blow the team up and start with a youth movement. Sarasota is another thing entirely.

Maybe blowing up the team wasnt the right thing to do?

Considering some people have been advocating it for several years, when would you have blown up this team?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

How much money did he spend in Sarasota?

How much was spent by Sarasota?

He spent years and years looking for the best deal he could get.

Frankly the O's Spring Training situation was pretty embarrassing.

It sucked, and he desires credit for having a role in that too.

1 minute ago, El Gordo said:

Some would have in 2012

In fairness, many who are advocating it now, were also doing so in 2012 and forward.  Doesn't make them wrong now, but it bears consideration.  The old broke watch is right twice a day applies.  It's going to be an interesting winter even if there really is no news...the ole hot stove will be stoked for sure.

7 minutes ago, foxfield said:

In fairness, many who are advocating it now, were also doing so in 2012 and forward.  Doesn't make them wrong now, but it bears consideration.  The old broke watch is right twice a day applies.  It's going to be an interesting winter even if there really is no news...the ole hot stove will be stoked for sure.

Seems kind of dumb to blow up a play off contender IMO. If the teams budget is still 170 M they don't need to blow it up they just need to retool.

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

Seems kind of dumb to blow up a play off contender IMO. If the teams budget is still 170 M they don't need to blow it up they just need to retool.

I don’t know if I can call this team a playoff contender without upgrades.  I’m a fan of trading veteran pieces but I wouldn’t call it blowing up the team, just doing what the Yankees had been doing for the past few years before 2017. Trading veterans and giving the youth movement a chance to succeed.

I really hope Duquette is reaching out to other teams, like the Cardinals...

According to Jon Morosi of MLB Network, the Rays and Cardinals have discussed a possible Alex Colome trade.

St. Louis is in search of a closer this winter with Juan Nicasio and Seung Hwan Oh hitting free agency and Trevor Rosenthal out through 2018 following Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery. Colome led all major leaguers in saves in 2017 with 47 and he boasts a 2.63 ERA with 129 strikeouts over his last 123 1/3 innings. The 28-year-old right-hander carries three years of arbitration eligibility.

Archived