The Yankees Know The Orioles Want Two Starters

section18

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Considering how much additional financial flexibility they would garner from trading him I think I would charge even more.

I'm in !

Machado ,  and  Castro For  Adams #2, Sheffield #4, Andujar #5, and Widener# 14

Rickard for Ellsbury (Salary dump) , with Solak #08, Cave #17, and Gallegos #27.

The Orioles would seem like an appropriate last stop for Ellsbury.  The Orioles are a team where once really great or even very good players are put out to pasture.  Freddy Lynn, Dwight Evans, Eddie Murray pt. 2, (even though he went to the Angels) Albert Belle, Sammy Sosa, Vlad, Thome.  Ellsbury just slips right in there.

3 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

At the risk of ticking off all O's fans, why not include Jones in a trade with Manny for Ellsbury + prospects?  That would be a Houston sized tank job.

If you are rebuilding which the Os should be then it would make sense.

Because the Yankees are determined to be under the luxury tax line this year, they are one of the few teams that would benefit by NOT negotiating a long term deal with Manny until after the season. Reportedly, they are about $20 million under the line now, so they could take on his expected $17mm salary for this year and still be in good shape. Then, re-sigh him for big bucks after the season ends.

I didn't think it was possible for this thread to get even more ridiculous then the initial post, but it has. The Orioles aren't taking on Ellsbury's contract, and honestly why should they. They have other proven players they can trade for prospects. It's not worth being saddled with Ellsbury through 2022, unless you want to talk about trading Davis for him (i.e., one bad contract for another). 

MODS - Wouldn't it make sense to combine this thread with the primary Manny thread? There's no teeth to these Yankees rumors...it really doesn't seem to merit it's own thread. Just a suggestion. 

13 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

MODS - Wouldn't it make sense to combine this thread with the primary Manny thread? There's no teeth to these Yankees rumors...it really doesn't seem to merit it's own thread. Just a suggestion. 

OH now in reverse jinx mode. Hold on to your hats!

5 minutes ago, REDMAN said:

Boys, your forgetting that the Yankees need to stay under the cap by at least 10 million for injuries and mid season trades, the orioles are going to have to take someone back in a Yankee trade for it to happen.

They'll find a way to unload Ellsbury. That will free up another $20+ million. 

Also, were you just addressing the boys on the board for a reason or do you really believe that women don't read and post here?

My post 14 hours ago had Brett Gardner, Jordan Montgomery and Chance Adams plus cash from the NYY as my first choice. All most on here are talking about is the second proposal with Ellsbury. Arizona and the Giants are interested in obtaining Ellsbury who has a no trade.  I believe he lives in Arizona and will end up with one of them.  

Gardner, Montgomery and Adams plus cash. Gardner makes $11.5 million in 2018 and is a FA in 2019. He has a 1 million dollar trade bonus.

DD is looking for a left handed bat and his left handed swing would do well at OP.

Archived