Rotographs: Tim Beckham’s Weird Second Half

Frobby

37 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He fits in nicely with this team.  Good pop, middling obp skills.  Scorching hot streaks tempered by terrible slumps.  

I'm thrilled to have him on the team.  Luke Scott used to have incredible hot streaks. But only for a week or so.  Cruz was scorching for a month or two. Then he was Branden Fahey for an equal time. 

6 minutes ago, weams said:

I'm thrilled to have him on the team.  Luke Scott used to have incredible hot streaks. But only for a week or so.  Cruz was scorching for a month or two. Then he was Branden Fahey for an equal time. 

Yeah, Nelson has still been scorching for three years and soon for a fourth.   But, oh yeah, for somebody else.  

4 hours ago, weams said:

Don't get me wrong, I am happy we have him.  A #1 overall draft pick who is still figuring the game out and is on the upswing of his career.  Seems like a good guy, too.

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Don't get me wrong, I am happy we have him.  A #1 overall draft pick who is still figuring the game out and is on the upswing of his career.  Seems like a good guy, too.

I usually wouldn’t buy the still figuring things out part, but with Beckham I do. A ST with the IF’s and Dickerson will hopefully make him more consistent. 

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

If Schoop could play 3B, Beckham would seem to be ideal at 2B. But I am also intrigued with him as an OF as he has the speed and arm. Jack of all trades, master of none.

That’s the better alignment, but they won’t make three IF changes like that prior to the season.

15 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I like Beckham but worried about his defense.  Was second in errors at SS in the AL while only playing 119 games at SS.  

Cant be any worse than the year we had 5 SS playing SS and none could play the position. I think it was 08, but wont bet the house money on it.

Archived