Get the Net

weams

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I understand them doing it, but I’m going to hate it.    

I agree with this. I sat behind the nets at Bowie and Frederick a lot last season and you it was noticeable, especially on pop ups. I felt less into the game than the times I sat away from the netting. 

I understand the reasoning, but dislike the act. 

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

I understand them doing it, but I’m going to hate it.    

When I go to games, I love great seats, but I always make sure I wasn’t close enough to home plate that I would have to watch through netting. It always made me feel a half-step removed from the action. 

Sure, I understand the rationale. I don’t want fans hurt either. But can’t they at least come up with some nearly invisible super-filament that doesn’t make you feel like you’re watching the game through a chain-link fence?

I used to have season tickets next to first base but since I have a child I haven't sit there.  Get club level instead.  Not worth the risk.  I guess the team is doing this because if they don't and another child suffers serious injury they would be liable for millions in damages.  

The netting is awful.  It is bad enough when you are sitting right behind the plate but down the base sides can make it awful trying to watch a game.  I had tickets to Charlotte game last season on third base side and the angle we had you could barely see the batter.  If you leaned forward you could see but then blocking the person beside you view.  It was the worst experience for a game and their new stadium is great except that.  They are always packed to so not like we could move.  Luckily about 6th inning some people moved so we took their seats.  I know now never take seats in that area.  

Archived