• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Frobby said:

- Went to the O’s Christmas events for charity

- Has been working out with Brady for three weeks

- Is about to do infield work with Bobby Dickerson

- Plans to be in Sarasota on Feb. 11

- Said only positive things about being asked to move to 3B.  http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/01/beckham-on-third-base-im-looking-forward-to-it.html

I’m going to be rooting hard for this guy.

Me too but he belongs at SS and the Primma Donna should stay at 3rd. 

I have been skeptical of Beckham's move to 3rd since Buck announced it.  Basically because he has not played the position  as a professional.   But I will say one thing.  I love the guy's attitude.   He is embracing the position change. He loves playing in Baltimore.  He appreciates the fans.   He seems to be on the same page as his manager.   He is a guy I am going to  be rooting for to succeed. 

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I have been skeptical of Beckham's move to 3rd since Buck announced it.  Basically because he has not played the position  as a professional.   By I will say one thing.  I love the guy's attitude.   He is embracing the position change. He loves playing in Baltimore.  He appreciates the fans.   He seems to be on the same page as his manager.   He is a guy I am going to rooting for to succeed. 

I have a feeling that unlike in Tampa, they talked to Tim about it and are keeping him in the lineup

26 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I have been skeptical of Beckham's move to 3rd since Buck announced it.  Basically because he has not played the position  as a professional.   By I will say one thing.  I love the guy's attitude.   He is embracing the position change. He loves playing in Baltimore.  He appreciates the fans.   He seems to be on the same page as his manager.   He is a guy I am going to rooting for to succeed. 

or he knows how to play the media and fans. He has no choice so why not say positive things in public, who knows what he really thinks in private.

I do agree with your sentiment however and hope things work our for him

These days, not every player cares to say the right side in public.

For now, I am just happy to root his on.

“The energy in the stadium, man, and the fans,” he said. “The amount of fans that come out and support the town. The town is a baseball town. I love it. I love the energy here and we’re going to do big things this year.”

Beckham hasn’t lowered his expectations despite the many holes in the roster, particularly in the rotation. Despite the Yankees trading for Giancarlo Stanton and the Red Sox deciding where to throw the most money as a counterpunch.

“The main goal is to win and I’m sure everybody in the locker room is eager to get back on the field and eager to play to make the playoffs and play to win the World Series,” he said. “We don’t want to sell ourselves short by just focusing on making the playoffs. We’ve got a pretty darn good team and I’m looking forward to what we can do this year.”

ap6vLYY9_bigger.jpgTim BeckhamVerified account @t_beckham1
FollowFollow @t_beckham1
More

We're almost at capacity for my 3rd Annual Tim Beckham Baseball Clinic this SATURDAY! FREE for #Griffin #Fayette #ATL kids ages 6-14. Parents/guardians please register ASAP to make sure your child can participate:

6:14 AM - 31 Jan 2018

0 replies0 retweets10 likes

Retweet

7 hours ago, wildcard said:

I have been skeptical of Beckham's move to 3rd since Buck announced it.  Basically because he has not played the position  as a professional.   But I will say one thing.  I love the guy's attitude.   He is embracing the position change. He loves playing in Baltimore.  He appreciates the fans.   He seems to be on the same page as his manager.   He is a guy I am going to  be rooting for to succeed. 

Me too 

o

if the person is wearing an Orioles uniform, I am rooting for him.

The worst that could happen is that I had predicted him not to do well (like when I expected Chris Davis to be as bad defensively in 2013 as he was in 2012), and I will have been wrong ........ which is not nearly as important as are Orioles W's.

o

Archived