Drew Hutchison? Ewww...

Frobby

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Lol that smells like such an Orioles move. I’m okay with giving him a look as a #5, but there would need to be two other real starters signed before him if we’re serious about competing (which it seems we think we are, even though we probably should not be).

35 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is terrible.  

I wonder if MLB.TV has an option for you to watch offense only.  Truthfully, I'd really only like to watch the Orioles at bat this season.  

That's not exactly must-see-tv either.

I haven't been depressed by an Orioles offseason in a number of years, I think because I built up some immunity over the years. But it looks like even those of us with decent titers of O's-DD-offseason antibodies are all going to be sick by the second week or so of spring training.  Where's the barf emoticon when you need it?

Former top prospect Drew Hutchison?!?!  Better buy those playoff ticket packages now.

But in all seriousness, I'd love him on a CHEAP one year deal.  If he's the same pitcher as he was last year, we DFA him in May.  But he is only 27, so maybe he can figure something out?

This is what it's come to.

My take on this is it must be tough to be Roch when you have this streak you have to maintain of blogging at least once per day and there is literally nothing going on for weeks at a time.

I imagine the O's are thinking about or considering anyone with a pulse this off-season.

8 minutes ago, Aglets said:

My take on this is it must be tough to be Roch when you have this streak you have to maintain of blogging at least once per day and there is literally nothing going on for weeks at a time.

I imagine the O's are thinking about or considering anyone with a pulse this off-season.

Lots of folks thought Cal would be better off taking a few days off now and then.  That it would improve his overall performance.

Sure....sign Drew Hutchinson...I don't think anyone has even mentioned him here in the multiple thousands of comments about additions to our staff...but sure...why not?   

So is our estimated payroll for 2018....130 million or thereabouts? Less? More?   With slots open right now we have about 98 million committed as of today....as of today we have Bundy as our number 1 at 1.8 million? and Gausman depending on arbitration is likely around 6 million?   And the three open slots would as of right now would be filled with league minimum, Castro, Cortes, Ynoa, etc.  at the moment so that would about be another 1.6 million...so as of today we have currently 8.4 million out of our total committed budget spent on the entire 5 man starting rotation and about 90 million on everybody else.   And are still talking of adding a left handed bat outfielder and perhaps a utility guy or a third baseman....

The Yankees have about 42 million tied up in Tanaka, Sabathia, Sonny Gray and the two prearbs of Severino, Montgomery, etc.  but are still looking at adding a starting pitcher free agent.  The Red Sox have about 74 million tied up in David Price, Chris Sale, Rick Porcello, Drew Pomerantz, and EdRod...  The Blue Jays have about 35 million committed to Estrada, Happ, Stroman, Sanchez, and fifth starter whomever and are looking at adding a free agent starting pitcher...The Nationals have 60 million  committed to their five starters- Scherzer, Strasburg, Gonzalez, Roark, AJ Cole and talking about signing another free agent pitcher.     

Tick, tick, tick....i can feel those ticket cancellations getting sent....

6 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Sure....sign Drew Hutchinson...I don't think anyone has even mentioned him here in the multiple thousands of comments about additions to our staff...but sure...why not?   

So is our estimated payroll for 2018....130 million or thereabouts? Less? More?   With slots open right now we have about 98 million committed as of today....as of today we have Bundy as our number 1 at 1.8 million? and Gausman depending on arbitration is likely around 6 million?   And the three open slots would as of right now would be filled with league minimum, Castro, Cortes, Ynoa, etc.  at the moment so that would about be another 1.6 million...so as of today we have currently 8.4 million out of our total committed budget spent on the entire 5 man starting rotation and about 90 million on everybody else.   And are still talking of adding a left handed bat outfielder and perhaps a utility guy or a third baseman....

The Yankees have about 42 million tied up in Tanaka, Sabathia, Sonny Gray and the two prearbs of Severino, Montgomery, etc.  but are still looking at adding a starting pitcher free agent.  The Red Sox have about 74 million tied up in David Price, Chris Sale, Rick Porcello, Drew Pomerantz, and EdRod...  The Blue Jays have about 35 million committed to Estrada, Happ, Stroman, Sanchez, and fifth starter whomever and are looking at adding a free agent starting pitcher...The Nationals have 60 million  committed to their five starters- Scherzer, Strasburg, Gonzalez, Roark, AJ Cole and talking about signing another free agent pitcher.     

Tick, tick, tick....i can feel those ticket cancellations getting sent....

Good post; great perspective on how we value starting pitching, or lack thereof.

Archived