Are you happy spring training is starting?

Frobby

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Extremely excited, baseball is starting and it’s been too long.

Yeah, the team doesn’t look like it’s built to compete in 2018, but for Spring Training, who cares. I’ll get bummed about that when the season starts if they are losing a bunch. I know I don’t pay any attention to veterans in ST anyways. They are just getting their work in. 

I’ll be following Hays, Santander, Stewart, Mullins, Scott, Sisco, Mountcastle, Cortes, Mesa, etc.

5 hours ago, El Gordo said:

Ecstatic. I am so starved for baseball I found myself watch baseball bloopers on you tube for an hour yesterday. 

I watched 5 or 6 innings of Carribbean World Series games over the weekend broadcast in a language I don't speak.

I have mixed feelings.   i look forward to seeing Hays and Mullins.   I am interested in the catching competition which is more than just the backup position.   I think  someone is going to see a lot of playing time out of the three contenders.   I will be interested to see how Beckham does at 3rd.

The starting pitching makes me feel like the team is incomplete and headed for a last place finish.  That will not be fun.    So I am apprehensive  overall.

I never care much for ST or follow it all that closely, but I'm always happy for baseball to start firing back up.  I enjoy the winter but this is usually the time of year where I start looking forward to warmer and longer days and getting outside more, and this year is no different.  Baseball is a reminder that that time is approaching.

I always make it a point to listen to the 1st radio broadcast where Joe Angel says, "Hello again there, baseball fans.   Where have you been - we've MISSED you!"  One of the highlights of my year lol.

I am happy summer is coming. That's about it. We are going to be horrible and boring. We may lose 100 games, this year. I'm not looking forward to that. All the hype of spring will be gone by mid May after seeing how bad this team is going to be. Sorry, just being honest!

Archived