Roch: There’s a growing sense that the Orioles are close to finding a veteran starting pitcher."

weams

4 minutes ago, weams said:
j_oB_f2h_normal.jpg Aaron Gleeman (@AaronGleeman)
PECOTA projected ERAs for remaining options for teams pursuing rotation help:
3.23 Chris Archer
3.69 Jake Arrieta
4.00 Patrick Corbin
4.16 Collin McHugh
4.23 Julio Teheran
4.38 Jaime Garcia
4.46 Jake Odorizzi
4.47 Lance Lynn
4.59 Dan Straily
4.92 Alex Cobb
5.07 Jason Hammel

Tillman is not even on the list

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, weams said:
3.23 Chris Archer
3.69 Jake Arrieta
4.00 Patrick Corbin
4.16 Collin McHugh
4.23 Julio Teheran
4.38 Jaime Garcia
4.46 Jake Odorizzi
4.47 Lance Lynn
4.59 Dan Straily
4.92 Alex Cobb
5.07 Jason Hammel

I really think Jamie Garcia makes a lot of sense.

42 minutes ago, weams said:
3.23 Chris Archer
3.69 Jake Arrieta
4.00 Patrick Corbin
4.16 Collin McHugh
4.23 Julio Teheran
4.38 Jaime Garcia
4.46 Jake Odorizzi
4.47 Lance Lynn
4.59 Dan Straily
4.92 Alex Cobb
5.07 Jason Hammel

These aren't all free agents though.   Dan has all but explicitly told us we aren't getting anyone in a trade.  Something significant would have to change which seems unlikely at this time.

I'd like to see the above list for the top 10-15 available free agent starting pitchers.

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

These aren't all free agents though.   Dan has all but explicitly told us we aren't getting anyone in a trade.  Something significant would have to change which seems unlikely at this time.

I'd like to see the above list for the top 10-15 available free agent starting pitchers.

Keep in mind, at another point in the offseason he's also said it was more likely to trade than sign a FA. 

So.

There is no meaning to anything.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Keep in mind, at another point in the offseason he's also said it was more likely to trade than sign a FA. 

So.

There is no meaning to anything.

I'm assuming at that time he actually believed (like we all probably did) that teams would pony up for Machado and meet their asking price.  Turns out nobody did.  So I think that would explain why he's now saying it will be through FA.

Just now, Aglets said:

I'm assuming at that time he actually believed (like we all probably did) that teams would pony up for Machado and meet their asking price.  Turns out they didn't.  So I think that would explain why he's now saying it will be through FA.

Sure. Who knows man. We've supposedly been linked to McHugh and Odorizzi, though, which seem like realistic trades, if those teams intend to trade them. 

It's certainly much easier to sign a guy like Liriano, who is no good, and call him a veteran starter, even though he's probably a loogy at this point.

I think they can make a trade for one but from reports on Mchugh the Astros want some help in bullpen but I doubt that Brach would be who they want and more interested in Givens.  If they would take a deal around Brach I think Dan may make a trade. 

1 hour ago, MDtransplant757 said:

It's Tillman, isn't it? Damn it. Happy Valentine's day from hell, O's fans. 

Haha, you as well sir.

One plus of being an Os fan is we all have developed a self-deprecating sense of humor, as well as a callous shell around our emotions.

Why are we so opposed to Tillman on a MIL contract with ST invite?

He had 2 very good years and 2 decent years in the previous 4, before last season.

Low risk, high rewards.

Lord help us, if he latches on with another team and is lights out for them. OH would have a field day with that.

Archived