Improving Team Via 3rd Baseman Acquisition

ScGO's

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Couldn’t we just solve this problem in a much more direct way?

Sign Jay or Dyson on a 2 yr deal for OF. Keep Beckham on the dirt. 

The problem is some folks don't want Beckham as a regular.

That's the only thing people are trying to solve.

As for the outfield, that is what Santander, Stewart, Mullins and Hays are for.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

The problem is some folks don't want Beckham as a regular.

That's the only thing people are trying to solve.

Yeah, I find that absolutely mind-boggling. 

38 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

The only problem with that is I think Beckham is a better player than Moustakas from this point on. Actually Beckham has been a better player than Moustakas for 2 years now, at least according to fWAR, bWAR, and BP's WARP.

A ton of red flags for Moustakas. Whoever signs him is likely to regret it, IMO.

29 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Could work if you got rid of Trumbo somehow, Beckham to LF and Mancini to DH. The problem is, you would not only have to pay for Phillips at 3B, you would also have to pay a portion of Trumbo's contract. Probably better off keeping Beckham in the infield.

A corner outfielder with a league average bat isn’t very exciting. I’d rather leave Beckham in the infield where his bat is actually an asset.

But, if they want to go this route, I’d take Walker over the other options.

A lot of these moves 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

No doubt, but these moves would be made with these guys in mind for 2019 while allowing us to improve the roster enough to compete in 2018.

Trade Machado to the Yankees for Andujar and others.   Put Andujar at 3B, leave Beckham at SS.  Then, move Mountcastle to 2B at Bowie and hope Schoop has a monster season where he can be dealt at the deadline for pitching.   I wouldn't object to moving Schoop now and signing Neil Walker to play second for a one year + option if Mountcastle doesn't cut it at second.

Easy-peasy!  :)

10 hours ago, theobird said:

Signing Moustakis to a reasonable deal and making Beckham a super utility player, like Melmo use to be ,makes us a lot better imo. I don't think it has any chance of happening, but it would certainly move the needle for me.

This.  :awesome:

8 hours ago, Babypowder said:

A ton of red flags for Moustakas. Whoever signs him is likely to regret it, IMO.

Or maybe I'm wrong.

Archived