Tillman back. Are we happy?

esmd

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

It’s 2018. Peanuts. 

I will be totally fine with this, if like others have said, he is competing for the 5th spot. For the sake of the future, we need to get another guy that can go with Bundy/Gausman for the next couple years. 

It seems so childish to me that from the top down, the organizational line is that "we will no longer sign a pitcher to more than 3 years because of what happened with Ubaldo." The contract with Ubaldo didn't work out, but it also wasn't THAT expensive. Sure I'd like to get a guy like Cobb or Lynn for 3 years. It's safer and it's fine to shoot for that.

But to say you wouldn't consider a 4 or 5 year deal for the right guy at the right time because Ubaldo.. Just a foolish statement when getting 1 more SP could really help us this year and beyond. 

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

This isn’t bad if it’s a low base and incentive driven. I’ve always liked him, but if he’s awful then Buck has to know when to cut bait.

Buck won't have any choice.  Look what happended with Matusz.  

I'm fine with 1 yr, $3 mil.

Echoing the rest, if the is competing for the 5th spot.  But we shall see how he looks in the spring!

Feel kinda bad for Tilly, he would have netted a bloated contract if he didn't fall off a cliff last season.

(but not really I mean, c'mon, 3 mil)

Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

I'm fine with 1 yr, $3 mil.

Echoing the rest, if the is competing for the 5th spot.  But we shall see how he looks in the spring!

Feel kinda bad for Tilly, he would have netted a bloated contract if he didn't fall off a cliff last season.

When he's on, he's on.  If he can semi-return to the respectable pitcher he was from 2012-2016 (upper 3s to low 4s ERA), this is an absolute steal.  I just don't want the Orioles to be banking on it and hand him a spot.

6 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

He could have a 10.00 ERA this spring, and they'll happily include him as the number four starter.  Then Cortes/Ynoa/Castro battle it out for the fifth spot.  Ugh.

He could. They have seen him throw and I heard they liked what they saw. 

All I am saying is Chris is not taking a MiL deal to comeback here. It would be almost an insult on some levels. 

5 minutes ago, Grt 2BA FL Gator said:

I will be totally fine with this, if like others have said, he is competing for the 5th spot. For the sake of the future, we need to get another guy that can go with Bundy/Gausman for the next couple years. 

It seems so childish to me that from the top down, the organizational line is that "we will no longer sign a pitcher to more than 3 years because of what happened with Ubaldo." The contract with Ubaldo didn't work out, but it also wasn't THAT expensive. Sure I'd like to get a guy like Cobb or Lynn for 3 years. It's safer and it's fine to shoot for that.

But to say you wouldn't consider a 4 or 5 year deal for the right guy at the right time because Ubaldo.. Just a foolish statement when getting 1 more SP could really help us this year and beyond. 

The same things have plagued the organization for years. There has been one constant. 

Archived