Colby Rasmus (Update: O's sign him to minor league deal)

Going Underground

Just now, Tony-OH said:

As close as Roch is to the situation and knowing how he does things, I don't think he's throwing out a random name he just  looked up on a free agent list. i'm not saying the Orioles are going to sign Feldmen, but I bet there is more to it than just Roch throwing out a name.

Very good point.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Please tell us the other problem children who couldn't play anymore that DD has signed?

BTW, I don't think Rasmus is either of those things.

Agree.  I think it's incredibly unfair to accuse Duquette of signing too many 'problem children' when what he actually does is seek out 'washed up veterans.'

18 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'm not sure the Orioles think Hays is ready for full-time work in the big leagues. Remember, he has only spent half a year above Single-A. Is it truly crazy to consider that he might need more minor league at bats still? If he's not in right field, are you comfortable with Santander out there full time? Rasmus is probably a better option right now than both against right-handed pitching. 

Maybe so Tony. I don't think this team can compete for a championship. I just want them to play some of the young guys. I didn't realize Hays only had half a year above A ball. Personally I think this team needs to rebuild. But Angelos and DD won't go that route. Oh well.

Call me crazy, but I'd be OK with a Rasmus signing.   He's decent defensively and I believe he still has the ability to play CF.   I wouldn't mind seeing a Rasmus/Gentry platoon in RF.   I would think that would be a pretty decent platoon.  Plus, Gentry could come on in late innings and play LF for Mancini.  This would also allow us to keep Hays in the minors at the beginning of the season.

1 minute ago, Tx Oriole said:

Maybe so Tony. I don't think this team can compete for a championship. I just want them to play some of the young guys. I didn't realize Hays only had half a year above A ball. Personally I think this team needs to rebuild. But Angelos and DD won't go that route. Oh well.

And they won't go the route of signing any players that may give us a real shot of competing either.

12 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

That's all fair, and I'm not challenging your opinion, just the notion that the organization is run by lunatics, and that DD signs a bunch of problem children who can't play.  :D 

25 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Please tell us the other problem children who couldn't play anymore that DD has signed?

BTW, I don't think Rasmus is either of those things.

I am not talking about his attitude or him maybe being being problem child. I am still talking about there are better options I would think. I still think DD still does dumpster diving. Maybe he has to because of Angelos. Sorry Tony but I am just tired of seeing the same old moves. Sorry I don't mean to offend anyone by what I typed Tony. 

Archived