Firstbaseman Needed

weams

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Can you please stop beating the Martin Prado drum? No one wants to listen to that song.

That's not my jammy. I have never laid down that beat before.
But the Orioles would save the $500k they would have spent on a different utility infielder and excise Trumbo from the roster.
I don't even want Prado but it would save Miami $2MM per year -- so maybe the Marlins would do it.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think they just like signing Pedro.

Nugget.  El Toro is a popular clubhouse hero.  #VandyCommodore but his sidekick was "lost" to the Phils so we have half of the tandem until the Phils choose Rosales over Flash, which is possible.

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The best fit for Trumbo on a bad salary for bad salary trade is KC and Ian Kennedy. 

Kennedy's contract is a year longer than Trumbo's though right? If yes, then no thanks. If no then it probably makes a lot of sense, although I'm not sure KC's rotation is deep enough to lose him. 

Seriously though, I just looked at their projected lineup and they are REALLY bad. That team will be lucky to win 50 games this season. 

I mean, if we could get rid of Trumbo or Davis, it would be a gift from the heavens. It's not going to happen. Buck likes both guys. 

Wouldn't Alvarez put up the same numbers as Davis given the opportunity? It's crazy we're spending so much on Davis. Wow. 

1 minute ago, jtschrei said:

I mean, if we could get rid of Trumbo or Davis, it would be a gift from the heavens. It's not going to happen. Buck likes both guys. 

Wouldn't Alvarez put up the same numbers as Davis given the opportunity? It's crazy we're spending so much on Davis. Wow. 

Right, but Buck loves those guys.  Productivity doesn't matter, as long as Buck has his guys.  AKA Trumbo and Davis.

21 hours ago, Yardball85 said:

Right, but Buck loves those guys.  Productivity doesn't matter, as long as Buck has his guys.  AKA Trumbo and Davis.

I don’t think so.    He’s got to work with the fact that they’re on the team under long term deals.   It’s not personal loyalty, it’s dealing with reality. 

Archived