Our old friend JTrea is very concerned about Brady

Aglets

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Aglets said:

Really good Rosenthal quote from Buck apparently being critical of Brady:

"Today, the players Anderson gravitates toward most are the players who remind him of his old self, players seemingly on the verge of losing their careers. Showalter said that his only problem with Anderson is that he, ‘tries to save ‘em all.’ "

That's about as mild a criticism as you could possibly have.  He "tries to save 'em all?"  Wow....there's some real venom there.

Incidentally, on Friday watching the game Buck and Brady were next to each other in the dugout, having what looked liked a very pleasant conversation.  They looked like they were on pretty good terms to be for someone who's supposed to be so controversial and wedge driving.

All the premature handwringing over Brady is..well, premature.  

Brady is a smart guy, I don't think anyone would deny that.  He's still pretty young, he's seen a lot and done a lot.  Here's a guy who was a slap hitter for us for a number of years that could barely hit over .200 and worked to make himself better.  In the mid to late 90s, there weren't many better leadoff hitters than Brady Anderson.  

I say that because I don't think Brady would be a bad GM for us, necessarily.  I think he'd work hard to make himself a strong GM just like he worked hard to make himself a better ballplayer.  He's a smart guy, I don't think there's a reason he CAN'T be a good GM.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

All the premature handwringing over Brady is..well, premature.  

Brady is a smart guy, I don't think anyone would deny that.  He's still pretty young, he's seen a lot and done a lot.  Here's a guy who was a slap hitter for us for a number of years that could barely hit over .200 and worked to make himself better.  In the mid to late 90s, there weren't many better leadoff hitters than Brady Anderson.  

I say that because I don't think Brady would be a bad GM for us, necessarily.  I think he'd work hard to make himself a strong GM just like he worked hard to make himself a better ballplayer.  He's a smart guy, I don't think there's a reason he CAN'T be a good GM.

I think I'd feel a lot better if I knew more details about how the Chris Davis contract went down.

JTrea: The sky is brown.

Me: No, it's blue.

JTrea: No, it's really brown.

Me: Here's a pull from a spectrometer with a definite peak in the blue wavelengths.

JTrea: That's fine, but it's brown, and I don't know why you're demeaning my opinion.

Me: It's not an opinion, it's a fact supported by evidence.

JTrea: All opinions are equally valid, and I shouldn't be persecuted for my opinions.

Me: (scrambles off to find the board's ignore function, but doesn't have the self-discipline to not override it.)

3 hours ago, Aglets said:

https://thebaltimorewire.com/2018/02/24/baltimore-orioles-front-office-anderson-duquette/

I understand the desire to mock JTrea for some of his wilder conspiracy theories during his time here may be strong.........but I think this is actually a well-written piece and I find it hard to argue against.

Really good Rosenthal quote from Buck apparently being critical of Brady:

"Today, the players Anderson gravitates toward most are the players who remind him of his old self, players seemingly on the verge of losing their careers. Showalter said that his only problem with Anderson is that he, ‘tries to save ‘em all.’ "

-referencing Mike Wright, Nolan Reimold.......etc

Anyway, it appears that JTrea shares the concerns of many of us in regards to our likely future GM.

I think this is his cousin 

I wasn’t on this site when he was here, but I’ve seen him on Twitter, initially I agreed with some of his more sensible takes (like too much being made of TTTP by Buck) but it didn’t take long to realize even his most sensible takes (which are few), he’s far from sensible in the way he expresses them. He’s also a Manny basher, and he only knows enough about advanced metrics to get himself in trouble by using them to jump to poorly reasoned conclusions. He’s also constantly making personal attacks on the players or coaches he dislikes which is in poor taste.

12 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

JTrea: The sky is brown.

Me: No, it's blue.

JTrea: No, it's really brown.

Me: Here's a pull from a spectrometer with a definite peak in the blue wavelengths.

JTrea: That's fine, but it's brown, and I don't know why you're demeaning my opinion.

Me: It's not an opinion, it's a fact supported by evidence.

JTrea: All opinions are equally valid, and I shouldn't be persecuted for my opinions.

Me: (scrambles off to find the board's ignore function, but doesn't have the self-discipline to not override it.)

You left out the part where three other board members would chime in, with varying degrees of evidence, to support you.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I wasn’t on this site when he was here, but I’ve seen him on Twitter, initially I agreed with some of his more sensible takes (like too much being made of TTTP by Buck) but it didn’t take long to realize even his most sensible takes (which are few), he’s far from sensible in the way he expresses them. He’s also a Manny basher, and he only knows enough about advanced metrics to get himself in trouble by using them to jump to poorly reasoned conclusions. He’s also constantly making personal attacks on the players or coaches he dislikes which is in poor taste.

Oddly enough I don't recall him ever resorting to that with other posters.  That was Sports guy's MO.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You left out the part where three other board members would chime in, with varying degrees of evidence, to support you.

Sorry, forgot.  That was the part that made it a conspiratorial ganging up on the poor guy who was just exercising his constitutional right to demand the 2008 Orioles spend $250M on Mark Teixeira because after that there wouldn't be any more first basemen for six years.

Archived