MLB Trade Rumors Predicts We Sign CarGo

Rene88

1 hour ago, atomic said:

Maybe the Orioles have agreements with all the remaining free agents and the agreements have been sitting on ngelos' desk waiting for approval for the last 3 months and that is what has been the hold up in the free agent market. 

Sources close to the situation tell me that we had an agreement with Cobb but he failed the physical. Apparently, he had a cold in December!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hours ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

On CarGo, I know opinions are rather split, but if you can get him on a reasonable one year deal, I’m all for it. He could have a big year at OPACY. 

Or he could have the sea-level version of his 2017 Colorado season, which is about a .700 OPS.  Really, plug Gonzalez into the bb-ref neutralized context batting tool using OPACY as the baseline and his 2017 batting line is .244/.318/.396.

I'm not saying I'm totally against signing him, but temper expectations.  He's coming to a harder league and a park 5200 feet lower in altitude.

Just now, DrungoHazewood said:

Or he could have the sea-level version of his 2017 Colorado season, which is about a .700 OPS.  Really, plug Gonzalez into the bb-ref neutralized context batting tool using OPACY as the baseline and his 2017 batting line is .244/.318/.396.

I'm not saying I'm totally against signing him, but temper expectations.  He's coming to a harder league and a park 5200 feet lower in altitude.

You are very right, and I agree, 1 year reasonable deal with realistic expectations would be fine with me.

11 hours ago, El Gordo said:

Everybody was on DD for not being proactive to get SP. Now it seems the market is coming to him. Maybe he's not so dumb?

He's not dumb, he's indifferent. I think he's pretty much been neutered and put out to pasture by ownership and had Brady Anderson shoved down his throat. 

8 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Fair enough, thanks for sharing that projection (can’t say I’m especially familiar with that tool lol). Not saying he’ll put up silly numbers, but I do think there is some left in the tank to exceed that projection. If the price is 1/5ish with some incentives, I’d roll the dice on it.

Archived