Orioles Interested In Neil Walker and Mark Reynolds

section18

I just received an mlb alert the Orioles were considering Neil Walker or Mark Reynolds for infield help.  Trying to drive Moustakas's price down some more?  I've always liked Walker - switch hitter and career .272 hitter - and he can fill in several places in the infield.

I tried to find the link and can't locate it

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walker = OBP! Sign him, give Beckham some OF time/training in ST.  Could find a way to get him 400+ ABs in a super utility role.  Sign Lynn and anyone else who could fall to us at the right price and the team is better than last year fo sho!

Sign them both.  Walker takes over as the every day 3B.  He will get injured, he always does,  Schoop has an injury where wear and tear and past usage will cause him to break down if he plays the same amount, and I am fearing at least a month long absence for CD.  Reynolds becomes your back up 1B/3B and Beckham starts toblearn to play a little OF.

I’m the biggest Mark Reynolds fan there is, but 2017 wasn’t the Reynolds renaissance it looks like. Colorado numbers are always a mirage. He had almost a 1.000 OPS at home and a .700 away. What looks like a solid season by traditional stats is actually league average offense coupled with brutal defense, creating a sub 1 win player. 

He’s still bad.

Walker however, is still a very useful player and I’d be totally behind bringing him in.

Archived