Could Davis and Trumbo start the season on the DL?

wildcard

Don't think this team is better with either of them. Davis is set for life (multiple of them), so can just be dead weight to the team with nagging injuries. Of course, I also believe this team is better with Manny at third and Beckham at short. Hope I'm wrong on all accounts.

I hate to say it but I think this team is better without Davis and Trumbo.

W/ overpaid sluggers

3B Beckham

SS Machado

2B Schoop

CF Jones

1B Davis

LF Mancini

RF Rasmus

DH Trumbo

C Joseph

W/O overpaid sluggers

3B Beckham

SS Machado

2B Schoop

CF Jones

DH Alvarez/Valencia

1B Mancini/Valencia

RF Rasmus

LF Gentry/Hayes/Santander

C Joseph

It's a definite upgrade defensively, offensively I guess it's a wash considering nothing should be expected from those I listed at LF but at least Gentry and Hayes would such a big boost defensively that that alone makes the club better. Also put whoever is better at 1B there between Mancini and Valencia. It leaves a lot of room for flexibility, defensive upgrades, and considering Davis and Trumbo are pretty much black holes in the lineup, it can't get much worse offensively. 

Im crossing my fingers they're both on the DL for the majority of the season.

Davis and Trumbo, being the professionals they are, will undoubtedly play through their injuries for the sake of the team.   At this level, lack of pitch recognition takes more that a single spring training to master.

Roch is reporting now that Davis won't be starting baseball activities again until 'early next week.'  So I guess it will be longer than we expected.   Lots of opportunities for our other guys to shine.

Archived