Sisco is playing himself off the 25-man in today's game (Gamethreadish)

interloper

Just now, Ruzious said:

My point is what I said it is- it sounds like you've seen him play 1 ST game, and because he made 2 bad defensive plays, you said he should be taken off the 25 man roster, and I need a lot more evidence than that - especially when you said you LOVE the way he receives the ball.  

I've seen him play every game that's been televised in which he's played. He's been Fine up until now, but he's showed today that snap judgments involving throws are not his strong suit. And when there's free outs on the line with our pitching staff, that kind of stuff doesn't fly. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Sisco with a 2-run bomb! All hit, no glove lol.

From what I have read his glove is quite good actually. It is his arm that has been his issue.  If he can hit like we think, and can call a good game, and is quiet behind the plate, I can live with a subpar arm.

Just now, bird watcher said:

From what I have read his glove is quite good actually. It is his arm that has been his issue.  If he can hit like we think, and can call a good game, and is quiet behind the plate, I can live with a subpar arm.

Yeah, blocked a couple balls nicely today but the kid can't throw. 

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Or he has played his way onto the roster as the LH DH...

That won't happen if they still think his future is at C. He's got to play catcher if he's going to improve there. Unlikely he has the pop to be of significant value as a DH.

4 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

He could be the LH DH and backup C, saving the team a roster spot and allowing them to carry 13 pitchers.

Buck has said in the past that he doesn’t like doing that because if the starting catcher gets hurt you lose the DH. 

I disagree because it would only affect one game and the upside outweighs the downside risk. 

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Turned a wild pitch into an error, threw it down the 3rd base line, run scored. Had the runner dead to rights.

Had another runner dead to rights in a rundown, he hesitates, throws late to 2B, pulls Manny off the bag, runner is safe.

Had him picked to the backup catcher all spring, but he might have just guaranteed himself an option to AAA after the game.

Couple of awful, in-between, hesitating plays. Can't do that up here. 

He looks fine to me. Not perfect. Blocks the balls and frames alright. 

15 minutes ago, bird watcher said:

That is pretty much it. And the arm isn't awful. 

Just now, weams said:

He looks fine to me. Not perfect. Blocks the balls and frames alright. 

I mean, did you see the plays and hear the broadcast comments on it? Those are plays you have to make. Otherwise? Yeah, he looks great otherwise. He's been my backup catcher all year. After these plays? I'm not so sure. I need my guy to be decisive out there. He cost the pitcher runs.

I would think catching 2-3 times a week up here and getting daily instruction from John Russell would be just as beneficial if not more so than catching in the minors.  The bat is ready and his OBP could be a big asset.  In the words of the immortal Viper - "Keep sending him up!"

Just now, interloper said:

I mean, did you see the plays and hear the broadcast comments on it? Those are plays you have to make. Otherwise? Yeah, he looks great otherwise. He's been my backup catcher all year. After these plays? I'm not so sure. I need my guy to be decisive out there. He cost the pitcher runs.

A couple of ST gaffs? Nothing to see here.

Archived