Sisco is playing himself off the 25-man in today's game (Gamethreadish)

interloper

Turned a wild pitch into an error, threw it down the 3rd base line, run scored. Had the runner dead to rights.

Had another runner dead to rights in a rundown, he hesitates, throws late to 2B, pulls Manny off the bag, runner is safe.

Had him picked to the backup catcher all spring, but he might have just guaranteed himself an option to AAA after the game.

Couple of awful, in-between, hesitating plays. Can't do that up here. 

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

I tried to say he wasn’t the best choice...he needs to work on his defense @ Norfolk. Should have been Wynns but my guess is they will be looking at the waiver wire.

I like everything about Sisco except the arm. Even a weak arm you can get by with. But hesitating and throwing it down the line and double-triple pumping before throwing it? It's gotta be automatic out there. 

I tried to say he wasn’t the best choice...he needs to work on his defense @ Norfolk. Should have been Wynns but my guess is they will be looking at the waiver wire.

Agreed.  He's the future, but he's best served ATM being the "everyday" catcher at AAA and continuing to get more comfortable at the position.  Has the added benefit of preserving service time.

Just now, interloper said:

I like everything about Sisco except the arm. Even a weak arm you can get by with. But hesitating and throwing it down the line and double-triple pumping before throwing it? It's gotta be automatic out there. 

In my opinion, that's why he's best served getting as many in-game reps as possible at Norfolk.

1 minute ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

In my opinion, that's why he's best served getting as many in-game reps as possible at Norfolk.

I'm now in agreement after seeing this today. I thought he could hang and soak up the MLB life and pick Joseph's and Russell's brains and be ok. Now? Nah. Kid needs to go to work.

2 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I figured Wynn had it for sure, still shocked he got cut so soon. My guess is a personality thing with Buck.

I figured Wynn had it for sure, still shocked he got cut so soon. My guess is a personality thing with Buck.

Wynns had a pretty bad game before being optioned. Was like a piece of lead trying to corale a wild pitch - broadcast mentioned total lack of footwork. He didn't move at all. So not real surprised after that. He's been a little stiff. He'll be back.

1 minute ago, Ruzious said:

So, he made his first error of the Spring today, and people are for sending him down based on that.  I have no problem sending him down if he's not ready, but I think I need a bit more evidence.  

It's the total lack of decision making. It's not just 2 bad throws. He's not presenting what you want out of a catcher; that is, being the QB of the infield. 

Just now, interloper said:

It's the total lack of decision making. It's not just 2 bad throws. He's not presenting what you want out of a catcher; that is, being the QB of the infield. 

Has that been the case all Spring or just today?  

Archived