2018 Chris Tillman

Il BuonO

Guys, I'm just the messenger here so don't get on my case. Found this Tillman joke online...

Q: What's the difference between a professional bowler and Chris Tillman?

A: A Professional bowler knows how to throw a strike.

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/13/2018 at 7:14 PM, TonySoprano said:

Tillman has about $1.25M left on his deal.  I also remember you being very vocal that Roberts should've quit rather than taking the Orioles money over a self-inflicted injury.

I say all that to ask this, if you're in Chris Davis' position, do you protect what's left of your legacy and retire after possibly the worst season for a MLB player in history?  Would you continue to take the money ($92M) even if it meant your legacy?  

It's hard to say over that kind of money, but I do know I would not want to be known as the guy who collected $92 million for being the worse player in baseball. I'd probably work out a buyout for me to retire.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

It's hard to say over that kind of money, but I do know I would not want to be known as the guy who collected $92 million for being the worse player in baseball. I'd probably work out a buyout for me to retire.

I would gladly be the worst player in baseball for 92 million.   After all someone has to be the worst. 

Alright Buck starting a bullpen arm (Castro) instead of Tillman today really confirms that it's people in the front office (particularly one with a last name starting with the letter A) that are holding onto Chris.   Buck doesn't want to use him, good for him.  Either way the charade should be over soon.

Today for Tillman:

5.1 innings

8 hits

2 runs

2 earned

1 walk

3 strikeouts 

2 wild pitches

1 HR

100 pitches:  61 strikes, 39 balls

So that's probably the "best" outing of all his minor league rehabs so far, right?

And the rehab is done, right?  He now has to be activated by the 19th or DFA'd, correct?

Will be interesting to see what we do.   I really can't see them putting him on the team.   Is ownership willing to eat the remaining $1.3 million of his contract?

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Today for Tillman:

5.1 innings

8 hits

2 runs

2 earned

1 walk

3 strikeouts 

2 wild pitches

1 HR

100 pitches:  61 strikes, 39 balls

So that's probably the "best" outing of all his minor league rehabs so far, right?

And the rehab is done, right?  He now has to be activated by the 19th or DFA'd, correct?

Will be interesting to see what we do.   I really can't see them putting him on the team.   Is ownership willing to eat the remaining $1.3 million of his contract?

Would Tillman continue playing in the O's minors, because I don't see another team giving him a shot.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:41 AM, Frobby said:

Present to whom, the team they’re playing?    No thanks.    We’ve already given Tillman $3 mm as a going away present.    

As an aside, I still can’t get my mind around how Tillman pitched a 7 inning one-hitter back on April 27.    Just goes to show how anything can happen on a given night.  

Umpire. 

Archived