Caleb Joseph is hitting .103

Frobby

Meanwhile, Chance Sisco is hitting .333.    

I said before the season that what I expected the O’s would do was play Caleb more than Sisco early in the season and then gradually play Sisco more, with the end result being about a 50/50 split of the 162 game workload.    So far, that’s about what Buck has done; Caleb has made 8 starts, Sisco 6.     

But if Caleb doesn’t start hitting, I think the shift to Sisco starting more should happen more quickly.    The way this team is hitting, they can’t afford to play a guy hitting .103 with a guy hitting .333 on the bench.

(I will say, the team ERA is significantly better with Joseph so far.)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Joseph C, Sisco DH vs RHP, problem solved.

Not being funny.  If they weren’t stuck with Davis and/or Trumbo it would be nice to have three catchers up so Sisco could hit more without having to worry about losing the DH.  In 2018 Sisco is a better left handed bat than Davis unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Meanwhile, Chance Sisco is hitting .333.    

I said before the season that what I expected the O’s would do was play Caleb more than Sisco early in the season and then gradually play Sisco more, with the end result being about a 50/50 split of the 162 game workload.    So far, that’s about what Buck has done; Caleb has made 8 starts, Sisco 6.     

But if Caleb doesn’t start hitting, I think the shift to Sisco starting more should happen more quickly.    The way this team is hitting, they can’t afford to play a guy hitting .103 with a guy hitting .333 on the bench.

(I will say, the team ERA is significantly better with Joseph so far.)

That’s driven by a couple of ugly pitching performances in the first few games. 

Archived