Connolly: Heads may roll today

wildcard

For those who think the Orioles have nothing to trade you do realize that they have significantly more to trade than the team that AM broke down to build the best team in th AL for 4 seasons.  He had Bedard and Tejada.  That's it.  I don't understand that argument.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Heads were supposed to roll yesterday, but it didn't work out too well.

It turns out that the Orioles don't have a guillotine. All the other ML clubs have one, but the only guillotines that are available were manufactured in Argentina, and the Orioles haven't bought one because the team's owner "doesn't trust" Latin American guillotines, whatever that means. There are unwanted, excess guillotines available from other clubs at very low prices, and the Orioles may acquire one of those even though MLB rules would require them to keep the guillotine in the Warehouse for a full year. It's also possible that the Orioles will acquire another club's backup guillotine in a Machado trade, but nothing has been approved by -- well, by whoever would have to approve that deal.

Even without the proper equipment, the Orioles tried to go on with the head-rolling on the off-day yesterday. Well, sort of. Since Chris Davis is making so much money and contributing so little, he was asked to do the honors. Chris just stood there, ax in hand, for quite a while until he finally saw the right opportunity to chop away. He finally did swing the ax, but he badly missed the necks of all those who heads were supposed to roll. (Most of his swings were made well before or after the head that was supposed to roll was in place.) There is an unsubstantiated report that one Oriole executive suffered a minor nick on his upper leg.

Afterwards, Davis  met with Scott Coolbaugh to discuss hid ax-swinging techniques,, and Chris reportedly has asked for another chance to make some heads roll in the next few days. All those whose heads were supposed to roll yesterday favored the suggestion that Chris remain on the job.

A couple of the Orioles announcers were on hand to witness the head-rolling. Mike Bordick said he thought Davis's swings looked pretty good, that he probably was off "just a touch" because of the spring training time he missed with an injury, and that he should do much better after a session or to with Coolbaugh. When asked to comment, Jim Palmer put his head down and sobbed quietly. 

The net result is that so far, contrary to published expectations, so far there have been changes in the Oriole have been announced. There may have been some changes in the roles of members of the Angelos family, but since nobody seems to  know what those roles have been for the past couple of years, what they are now or what they will be in the future, it's difficult to discern any such changes. 

Stand by for further updates, probably in late July. Very late July.

"Chris just stood there, ax in hand, for quite a while until he finally saw the right opportunity to chop away. He finally did swing the ax, but he badly missed the necks of all those who heads were supposed to roll. (Most of his swings were made well before or after the head that was supposed to roll was in place.)"

He then snapped the ax in two over his thigh as he walked off, muttering about next time going to left field.   Mike Bordick said "the Crusher is just not picking up the neck line, but I am sure he will use that power to get those heads rolling soon."  

7 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

Heads were supposed to roll yesterday, but it didn't work out too well.

It turns out that the Orioles don't have a guillotine. All the other ML clubs have one, but the only guillotines that are available were manufactured in Argentina, and the Orioles haven't bought one because the team's owner "doesn't trust" Latin American guillotines, whatever that means. There are unwanted, excess guillotines available from other clubs at very low prices, and the Orioles may acquire one of those even though MLB rules would require them to keep the guillotine in the Warehouse for a full year. It's also possible that the Orioles will acquire another club's backup guillotine in a Machado trade, but nothing has been approved by -- well, by whoever would have to approve that deal.

Even without the proper equipment, the Orioles tried to go on with the head-rolling on the off-day yesterday. Well, sort of. Since Chris Davis is making so much money and contributing so little, he was asked to do the honors. Chris just stood there, ax in hand, for quite a while until he finally saw the right opportunity to chop away. He finally did swing the ax, but he badly missed the necks of all those who heads were supposed to roll. (Most of his swings were made well before or after the head that was supposed to roll was in place.) There is an unsubstantiated report that one Oriole executive suffered a minor nick on his upper leg.

Afterwards, Davis  met with Scott Coolbaugh to discuss hid ax-swinging techniques,, and Chris reportedly has asked for another chance to make some heads roll in the next few days. All those whose heads were supposed to roll yesterday favored the suggestion that Chris remain on the job.

A couple of the Orioles announcers were on hand to witness the head-rolling. Mike Bordick said he thought Davis's swings looked pretty good, that he probably was off "just a touch" because of the spring training time he missed with an injury, and that he should do much better after a session or to with Coolbaugh. When asked to comment, Jim Palmer put his head down and sobbed quietly. 

The net result is that so far, contrary to published expectations, so far there have been changes in the Oriole have been announced. There may have been some changes in the roles of members of the Angelos family, but since nobody seems to  know what those roles have been for the past couple of years, what they are now or what they will be in the future, it's difficult to discern any such changes. 

Stand by for further updates, probably in late July. Very late July.

HHP

1 hour ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Somebody’s getting fired tomorrow. Just my opinion.

What really changed from today?

Our #1 pitcher is obviously not physically sound, he has some sort of injury.   We'll find out soon, hope it isn't serious.  But I have a bad feeling.

So if someone wasn't fired yesterday, why should they now be fired just because it turns out a player is hurt?   It's not like we have made 6 errors or have kicked the ball all over the field or played poorly as a team.   We are down 10-1 because our best pitcher is hurt, possibly badly.

7 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

If he’s hurt, then why is he pitching? If he’s hurt and he’s pitching, that’s reason enough to fire someone. SMH

Manager Buck Showalter on whether he’s concerned about Bundy: “It’s always a concern when you know what a guy is capable of and he doesn’t do it that night. He’s working on an extra day’s rest. Sometimes the other team is pretty good, too. Dylan, I didn’t think he was quite as crisp as he’s capable of. 

“He’s elevating the ball. In those successful outings, he was driving the ball down and away. That’s still his bread and butter. He’s trying. He’ll figure it out, but you see a couple in a row like that from a good pitcher (and) you’re always concerned if it’s something else.”

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2018/05/dylan-bundy-allows-three-homers-as-angels-beat-the-os.html

I wish the fans would boycott and not show up for another game.  I just can't stand watching this disgraceful team.  They showed this the last 6 weeks of last year and it continues.  What does it take for the owner to accept defeat and try to fix it for the future.  Trade Manny, release CD and accept the signing mistake, release Trumbo. Send Bundy to minors. Fire Showater, Dan Duquette. Hire Joe Girardi, find somebody and pay him good who knows who to hire from scouting all the way to GM. Really basically a whole new team and start from scratch.  This team is beyond terrible.  I am so damned disgusted.  This is rock bottom.

11 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I wish the fans would boycott and not show up for another game.  I just can't stand watching this disgraceful team.  They showed this the last 6 weeks of last year and it continues.  What does it take for the owner to accept defeat and try to fix it for the future.  Trade Manny, release CD and accept the signing mistake, release Trumbo. Send Bundy to minors. Fire Showater, Dan Duquette. Hire Joe Girardi, find somebody and pay him good who knows who to hire from scouting all the way to GM. Really basically a whole new team and start from scratch.  This team is beyond terrible.  I am so damned disgusted.  This is rock bottom.

Yes it is. 15-1. Goodness I thought they may lose to the Royals but not like this. 

Archived