Connolly: Heads may roll today

wildcard

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan:  So how many more of these do we have left?

Buck:  120 something.

Dan:  I got it made, homie.  Brady's been doing my work for me.  Haven't picked up a phone since the winter meetings.

Buck:  Think you can get me a job after the seasons over?  I'm still trying to appear interested and finding out different ways to fill out a lineup card.

Dan:  I'll talk to Brady.

29 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I wish the fans would boycott and not show up for another game.  I just can't stand watching this disgraceful team.  They showed this the last 6 weeks of last year and it continues.  What does it take for the owner to accept defeat and try to fix it for the future.  Trade Manny, release CD and accept the signing mistake, release Trumbo. Send Bundy to minors. Fire Showater, Dan Duquette. Hire Joe Girardi, find somebody and pay him good who knows who to hire from scouting all the way to GM. Really basically a whole new team and start from scratch.  This team is beyond terrible.  I am so damned disgusted.  This is rock bottom.

That's the question. Keep in mind that , for Peter Angelos, "to acceptidefeat" and commit to a rebuild means accepting the fact that he will have owned the team for 25-plus years without ever getting to the World Series and with just a handful (7, I think) winning seasons. He wouldn't accept that last year, or this off-season, or so far this year. We can only hope that the epic failure of the team so far will allow the stubborn fool to see what is absolutely plain to the rest of the world. 

On 5/7/2018 at 10:06 AM, Tony-OH said:

I disagree. You may know some of this because I'e been leaking a lot of this over time in posts, but Dan basically just confirmed that the team is made up of several "architects" and that Brady was the one in charge this offseason. He also made some great points, if Duquette is fired, that pretty much concludes that Brady will be the major architect o the rebuild. If none of Buck's coaches are fired or Buck himself, it means that Buck will continue working with Brady on the rebuild and will be back.

If Buck's coaches are fired, it would mean that Brady is putting down the law and that Buck is vulnerable after he season unless Brady know the manager of the future that he wants and he's available.

The article was right on the nose from what I know.

Ha, Brady more power than Buck? Lol, that made me laugh. 

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Probably discussing how much international slot money to trade for their next AAAA player acquisition. 

Can that AAAA guy pitch? We sure could use a AAAA pitcher right now. Maybe even a AAA pitcher would suffice.

4 hours ago, Oriol3s said:

Because he looks d*mn good in them and you WISH you could pull them off at age 54.

Maybe he shouldn't wear a shirt because he thinks he looks good in them.  We have a pseudo GM who wants to be the players friends and we have a manager who wants to be the players friends and we wonder why we are a laughing stock.  

2 hours ago, atomic said:

Maybe he shouldn't wear a shirt because he thinks he looks good in them.  We have a pseudo GM who wants to be the players friends and we have a manager who wants to be the players friends and we wonder why we are a laughing stock.  

That’s not even the worst.  Their are two amateur talent grabs every year.  We choose not to participate in one.  

3 hours ago, atomic said:

Who said he wants to be their friends? I never heard that. 

Archived