Connolly: Heads may roll today

wildcard

9 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

I wish the fans would boycott and not show up for another game.  I just can't stand watching this disgraceful team.  They showed this the last 6 weeks of last year and it continues.  What does it take for the owner to accept defeat and try to fix it for the future.  Trade Manny, release CD and accept the signing mistake, release Trumbo. Send Bundy to minors. Fire Showater, Dan Duquette. Hire Joe Girardi, find somebody and pay him good who knows who to hire from scouting all the way to GM. Really basically a whole new team and start from scratch.  This team is beyond terrible.  I am so damned disgusted.  This is rock bottom.

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Boycott. 

We are all disgusted. A boycott never occurred the first time.  Some folks just made fools. following a false prince out for earthly gain.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, weams said:

Ha, ha, ha, ha. Boycott. 

We are all disgusted. A boycott never occurred the first time.  Some folks just made fools. following a false prince out for earthly gain.

It looked like there was a boycott last night

42 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

"Sometime's the other team is good too", says Buck.

Hey Buck... Bundy gave up 4 homers to the Royals without recording an out. Newflash... the Royals aren't that good. 

Newsflash. They are better than the O's. 

12 hours ago, bobmc said:

Buck:   So did Tony's article get posted yet?

Dan:     No. Not yet. I just checked.

Buck:   Damn. Will you check during the game and, if it shows up, email it to me?  I'll try to read it between innings. By the way, am I still the manager?

Dan:    How would I know? You should ask Brady. He's right over there. Buck, how does Bundy look for tonight? I'm a little concerned about him.

Buck:   He's been working with Roger, and I think they spotted a couple of things. He should be pretty sharp tonight, and I'm pretty sure he'll be able to keep a team like the Royals in the park.

Dan:    Sounds good. We really could use a good start from Dylan.

Buck:   Nah. I'll leave him alone. He's fixing Davis's swing. Have you noticed that Chris is looking much better at the plate? Hey, can you check the Hangout one  more time for me? 

13 hours ago, bobmc said:

With Brady and Davis (in Gausman jersey) in background:

FWIW, I seriously doubt that's Davis in the background with Brady. Davis has tree trunks for legs. He has a huge lower body, that dude is too skinny to be Chris Davis. Are you sure that's him? His arms don't look big enough, either.

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

That’s not even the worst.  Their are two amateur talent grabs every year.  We choose not to participate in one.  

And apparently we choose not to consider amatuer talent with blue eyes or beards.  

On 5/7/2018 at 1:50 PM, El Gordo said:

If the Troika is to be Buck, Brady and some paper pushing stooge, why not fire Dan, giving him time to look for a better job, and promote Buck to his job. Then they can name Russel as interim manager

Well then who would be around to blame?

On 5/7/2018 at 3:46 PM, Sessh said:

I would also point out that the team had most of it's success while DD had full autonomy as GM.

Most of AM’s best work was also unregulated. This point above should be obvious to all, but reading 18 pages it’s clear some still see DD as the primary source of our problems. 

On 5/7/2018 at 5:31 PM, Hallas said:

If you think that Buck had a hand in personnel moves such as signing Trumbo to 3/37, then you would seek to remove that influence ASAP.  The Orioles are likely making trades to bolster their farm in the near future and you wouldn't want someone whose personnel evaluation skills you don't trust in a leadership position.

They all break clean house!

10 hours ago, HokieOs said:

Can that AAAA guy pitch? We sure could use a AAAA pitcher right now. Maybe even a AAA pitcher would suffice.

Maybe now a pitcher would suffice. 

1 hour ago, Tx Oriole said:

Newsflash. They are better than the O's. 

9 of me would be better than the O's lineup. Just saying. ?

Matter of fact, the O's would have a tough time with this team too:

16.jpg

2 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

9 of me would be better than the O's lineup. Just saying. ?

Matter of fact, the O's would have a tough time with this team too:

16.jpg

I'm not so sure. I think the shorter bases and closer outfield fences would help our guys a lot. ?

3 hours ago, Sessh said:

FWIW, I seriously doubt that's Davis in the background with Brady. Davis has tree trunks for legs. He has a huge lower body, that dude is too skinny to be Chris Davis. Are you sure that's him? His arms don't look big enough, either.

Some dude on Roch's blog said so and I believed him.  Anyone's guess - but it made a better story with the PED's, etc. comments.  Gentry?

Archived