Wieters promoted to Bowie

tywright

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He hasn't been promoted. I'm watching him right now in the pressbox. And yes, Bowie's on the road, so it wouldn't make much since to have him promoted in the last day of a roadtrip.

Relax. He'll be in the Baysox lineup tomorrow.

He hasn't been promoted. I'm watching him right now in the pressbox. And yes, Bowie's on the road, so it wouldn't make much since to have him promoted in the last day of a roadtrip.

So he will be @ Bowie starting tomorrow?

Guest Sailor Jerry

That's MASN's sneaky way of saying they know more than you, since they're state media. Of course it's all semantics. They should have said it'll happen tomorrow. But I'm sure whatever the corresponding move is at Bowie, that player doesn't know yet.

Yep. I talked with David Stockstill tonight. Wieters is the only move here at the break besides some injury spot start stuff. He'll be in Bowie tomorrow night.

So what kind of numbers does everyone expect Wieters to put up in Bowie?

Here are some of our prospects numbers upon recent promotion from Frederick to Bowie:

Blake Davis: BA dropped 44 points, OPS dropped 120.

Ryan Finan: BA dropped 41 points, OPS dropped 110.

Jonathan Tucker: BA up 9 points, OPS up 93 points.

So worst-case scenario let's say Wieters has a Blake Davis like drop:

He'd still hit .301 at Bowie with a .904 OPS.

Obviously Wieters is a much better prospect than any of these players, so I wouldn't expect a drop nearly as significant as Davis or Finan.

I'm expecting a .315/.405/.500 line. If he puts this up for 2 months, I think he definitley would have earned a September call-up.

Whats the holdup on Arrieta?

David says he's pitching where he needs to be at right now. Says the back is not too bad and something he needs to pitch through.

I also asked specifically about Mattaliano and he said they are getting him a good foundation to build upon.

Archived