Tillman starting Thursday

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We have 6 games in 5 days.   We are already going to have to bring up a minor leaguer for one day to start one of the games of the doubleheader Saturday.  

Starting Tillman Thursday means that if the bullpen is needed a lot Thursday, they can be rested on Friday so we have a few guys fresh on Saturday, when we know we will need bullpen.

it's an accident of schedule that just at the time it became really obvious to dump or hidTillman, we have 6 games in 5 days.

If we don't skip him NEXT time through the rotation, when we have an off day next Monday, then that would be an indication that they really are going to stick with him way longer than they should.

I give them a pass on this one due to the doubleheader.

It was obvious to me that Tillman needed to stop starting Major League Baseball games about 2 weeks ago, so the fact that this realization had to smack the FO/Buck over the head for the message to get through is an indictment of them.

So yeah, this is a bit of trying to make a chicken sandwich out of chicken poop, but it’s their fault that we only have chicken poop to make a sandwich with.

Ehhh, whatever.  I'd rather see Tillman than Mike Wright.  I'd rather see Daniel CaBBrera out there instead.  And I'm not talking Daniel CaBBrera from ten years ago, I'm talking Daniel CaBBrera today.  You know, 36 years old and out of MLB for a few years.  Just to see what'd happen.

I have to think that if Tillman has a bad game he will be DFA'd because Melville is ready and Hess is close to being ready.    Buck can't say  if not Tillman who?

But if Tillman pitches well he will earn another start.  JMO.

His back is against the wall.

7 minutes ago, Aglets said:

If he bombs again I simply can't imagine Buck giving him another start.

And yes, obviously that should have happened already.

I hear you, but I just don't know.  He stuck with Miley, Jimenez and Tillman to the bitter end last year.  I just don't get it.  I respect loyalty a lot, am a patient guy, and felt Tillman had earned a long leash for his years of service here.  But that leash ran out a long time ago.  The fact that he is still getting starts is just baffling to me.

On 5/8/2018 at 5:50 PM, Roy Firestone said:

'definition of insanity"

Bbbbbuuuttttt, he pitched a 7 inning one hitter two starts ago!   I guess we should start him 25 more times to see if he can do it again!

4 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

I hear you, but I just don't know.  He stuck with Miley, Jimenez and Tillman to the bitter end last year.  I just don't get it.  I respect loyalty a lot, am a patient guy, and felt Tillman had earned a long leash for his years of service here.  But that leash ran out a long time ago.  The fact that he is still getting starts is just baffling to me.

Those guys were at least bounced from the rotation at various times last year.   Also it's a lot harder to replace 3 guys in a rotation than it is to replace one.  Plus Tillman's contract is not that substantial............plus he's been terrible for over a full season now..................there are just so many reasons to end this disaster.

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Those guys were at least bounced from the rotation at various times last year.   Also it's a lot harder to replace 3 guys in a rotation than it is to replace one.  Plus Tillman's contract is not that substantial............plus he's been terrible for over a full season now..................there are just so many reasons to end this disaster.

I hear, you believe me.  I have never rooted against the Orioles.  I get the rationale why some want them to lose for draft position, to me it's just not that critical.  But tonight, I just don't know.  I want to see Buck forced to pull the plug on someone.  I hate that that someone is Tillman because I really like the guy for all he did for us, but the time is well past.  

I'm legitimately happy for him that he had that night against the Tigers, but the Tigers are so bad they only beat us 4 out of 6 times.

Archived