Roster changes coming?

wildcard

31 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Caleb is slashing .275/.293/.500/.793 over his last 13 games. 
Sisco is slashing .200/.282/.429/.711 over his last 13 games.

Now I'm not against Sisco getting more time behind the plate and it appears Buck has been doing so. I just think there seems to be some illusion by some that Joseph is some awful hindrance to this team winning or that he's not a major league catcher.

I do think Caleb is off to a slow start overall and his defense has been down this year, but I don't think he's going to be DFA'd anytime soon. Sisco has been pleasantly pretty solid behind the plate overall. He's thrown the ball much better than he ever has in the minor leagues and although he's still behind Caleb for game calling, he hasn't been awful and seems to do a pretty good job honestly.

I don't think there's any surprise that Sisco has gotten better while under Caleb's tutelage and by watching him go about his business. Now, anyone on this team should be available for trade so if Joseph could bring some kind of prospect back in return then I think you consider trading him, but he's not just going be DFA'd to bring up a younger guy who's ceiling is a backup catcher. 

I don't think he affect the wining or losing much either way and the season is pretty much lost anyway.  I would rather them get Wynns and Sisco as much major league experience as possible so they are ready for next season.  I don't think they will be willing to pay Caleb 2-3 million next season when you can go with Wynns and Sisco both making 600k.  I think they will keep Joseph for awile but if any team is looking for a catcher even to be a backup I would move him for a low level minor leaguer lotterry ticket type in a heart beat.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

All four of the O's catchers on the 40 man roster have options including Caleb.   They don't need to DFA any catcher.   Caleb in the veteran and mentor.   He probably stays on the roster this  season.   ST will be interesting because Susac will be out of options at that point.

I don't think they will bring back Caleb next year for that reason he will most likely get in the 2 million dollar range in arbitration and they have three guys that are major league ready imo.  Why waste the 1-2 million difference in Caleb  and Sisco when you can save money with two cheaper guys.

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

I don't think they will bring back Caleb next year for that reason he will most likely get in the 2 million dollar range in arbitration and they have three guys that are major league ready imo.  Why waste the 1-2 million difference in Caleb  and Sisco when you can save money with two cheaper guys.

If Dan were with the O's next year then  I agree.  He wouldn't pay Flaherty and he may not pay Caleb.  But if Buck is in charge of personnel next year he may pay the 2m+ for Caleb because he likes his game calling and leadership.    We will see.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If Dan were with the O's next year then  i agree.  He wouldn't pay Flaherty and he may not pay Caleb.  But if Buck is in charge of personnel next year he may pay the 2m+ for Caleb because he likes his game calling and leadership.    We will see.

Susac has been pretty impressive though he has an injury that he is just coming back from.  IMO you pretty much know Caleb is a backup or bottom of the division starter at a position that we have the most major league ready players in the minors at.  We are deeper in the outfield but those guys seem to need a bit more seasoning before they are ready to go to the majors. 

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If Dan were with the O's next year then  i agree.  He wouldn't pay Flaherty and he may not pay Caleb.  But if Buck is in charge of personnel next year he may pay the 2m+ for Caleb because he likes his game calling and leadership.    We will see.

I refuse to blame DD, as we dont know where the fault was here.

Maybe King Peter didnt want to pay Ryan the money.

At this point in time, I wonder how much power DD really has on the roster.

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I would be thrilled to see Wright go.

I'm at a point where I can't figure why he's still on the team.  It can't be because they think he's going to improve right?  I mean that's no use or value to him.  What the plan with him?

1 minute ago, gmelson26 said:

I'm at a point where I can't figure why he's still on the team.  It can't be because they think he's going to improve right?  I mean that's no use or value to him.  What the plan with him?

I think it is as simple as they don't want him going somewhere else and becoming good.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

Dan signed Gentry for 900k,  Valencia for 1.25m,  Pedro Alvarez for 1M.  I doubt Peter weighed in on any of those.   Flaherty would have been in the ball park.  He got 1.9m plus 300K in performance bonus.     You know Buck wanted him back.  Not signing Flaherty has Dan's fingerprints all over it.`

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

I don't think DD has all that much power. I think Brady is more in control than DD. 

15 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Dan signed Gentry for 900k,  Valencia for 1.25m,  Pedro Alvarez for 1M.  I doubt Peter weighed in on any of those.   Flaherty would have been in the ball park.  He got 1.9m plus 300K in performance bonus.     You know Buck wanted him back.  Not signing Flaherty has Dan's fingerprints all over it.`

I have to wonder why is anyone bothered because they didn't bring back Flaherty? 

7 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I have to wonder why is anyone bothered because they didn't bring back Flaherty? 

I didn't say I was bothered.   I said I doubt Peter is involved with acquisitions that are less than 2m.

Although watching Alvarez and Valencia trying to play 3B did bother me.

31 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Pretty sure I read somewhere that Flash had a dead;line with Philly and a deal sat on King Peter's desk passed that.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

I didn't say I was bothered.   I said I doubt Peter is involved with acquisitions that are less than 2m.

Although watching Alvarez and Valencia trying to play 3B did bother me.

I am sorry. I didn't mean you were bothered. I couldn't think of the correct word to use. 

Archived