Battle for the Basement: Orioles (14-32)vs. White Sox (13-30)

Frobby

3 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

This is one of those situations where I feel like we win either way.

If we win, I always support my team and enjoy wins, so go O's! 

If we lose, we're closer to a top draft pick and more pressure on management to open up the trading post ASAP.  

Truly a win-win scenario.

What if we get 2 hits per game will that make you feel like you are winning? 

3 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Team ERA O's 5.09 (27th); Chicago 5.21 (29th)

Starters' ERA O's 5.63 (29th); Chicago 5.76 (30th)

Team OPS O's .696 (25th); Chicago .714 (19th)

Something's got to give, neither team can hit or pitch.

Good to see wherever Wellington goes to catch for that they usually finish at or near the bottom in ERA 

o

The White Sox are my 2nd favorite team.

When they play the Orioles, I root for the Orioles to score 8 runs in the 1st inning and win the game by a score of about 16-0 ........ just like I do when they play any one of the other 28 teams in Major League Baseball.

o

5 hours ago, milbest77 said:

Let’s see, I’ll take a stab:

Tonight: shut down by Santiago in an embarrassing defeat

Tomorrow: jump on Shields early, only to to slowly lose the lead and ultimately the game as the offense does its usual disappearing act after putting up a few early runs 

Wednesday: lose a tight pitchers dual after being dominated by yet another no-name

Thursday: win the final game behind a strong outing from Bundy

Sound about right?

The second game sounds very wrong.  This season, we don’t score early and then disappear.    We wait until we’re hopelessly behind and then score meaningless runs late in the game.      We are last in runs scored in innings 1-3, 2nd to last in innings 4-6,  but 7th in runs scored in innings 7-9.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

The second game sounds very wrong.  This season, we don’t score early and then disappear.    We wait until we’re hopelessly behind and then score meaningless runs late in the game.      We are last in runs scored in innings 1-3, 2nd to last in innings 4-6,  but 7th in runs scored in innings 7-9.

I think it’s because the Orioles are so hopelessly behind in so many games. I think they are league leaders or close in runs allowed in early innings. They get to face the opposing team’s poorest relief pitcher in meaningless innings way too often. 

34 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I agree with that.  I think we should split this series.  I think 3/4 is possible, but they are terrible on the road, this is true.  

The game I am most interested in is Gausman's start.   I want to see how he rebounds after being bombed in Boston.  I think we were all starting to believe that he was turning a corner.  Bouncing back and delivering a strong start is a big part of that.

I wonder what Bundy shows up.

Much weaker opposing lineup, much tougher ballpark for hitters.   I expect Gausman and Bundy to rebound.    Whether our team will score any runs, I don’t know.   

6 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

..  I think we were all starting to believe that he was turning a corner.  Bouncing back and delivering a strong start is a big part of that.

This is pretty much every season in a nutshell. Every year, people think he's turning a corner and every year, it's a mirage. I'll believe he's turned a corner when he can put up back to back strong seasons as opposed to just a couple months.

1 hour ago, Sessh said:

This is pretty much every season in a nutshell. Every year, people think he's turning a corner and every year, it's a mirage. I'll believe he's turned a corner when he can put up back to back strong seasons as opposed to just a couple months.

Ultimately, that's it for me, too.  But doing that starts tonite.

7 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

When they play the Orioles, I root for the Orioles to score 8 runs in the 1st inning and win the game by a score of about 16-0 ........ just like I do when they play any one of the other 28 teams in Major League Baseball.

o

o

ORIOLES  WIN !!!

ORIOLES  WIN !!!

ORIOLES  WIN !!!

ORIOLES  WIN !!!

ORIOLES  WIN !!!

ORIOLES  WIN !!!

o

On 5/21/2018 at 4:10 PM, OFFNY said:

o

o

On 5/21/2018 at 11:14 PM, OFFNY said:

o

ORIOLES  WIN !!!

ORIOLES  WIN !!!

ORIOLES  WIN !!!

ORIOLES  WIN !!!

ORIOLES  WIN !!!

ORIOLES  WIN !!!

o

o

Again.