2018 Orioles Draft Tracker

16 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That confirmed or just your speculation?

Because if it's confirmed, that is just poor management of resources.

Agree with you on this.   He's a nice player, but definitely one we should have saved some cash on.  I was thinking he could get around 1.5 and we'd be able to go after some of these HS guys we drafted.

1 minute ago, weams said:

Winning the World Series Helped one of them and hurt the other. It was ALWAYS going to be close to that. Just because some of his don't highlight him, he was highly respected by others. 

So Cobb cost the O's a first round pick instead of a second round pick?

Because I don't see anyone else picking Grenier before the O's would have picked in the second and I don't see why he woudln't have signed for second round slot money.

Stupid just to give a kid all the money they have left in the pool because it's just sitting there.

MASNSteve said previous to the college thing that the numbers were just slightly under. 

Well that was a clutch HBP.

And the error, very clutch.

Will this organization ever learn not to overly weight a small sample size?

Does anyone think he would have gone back to school?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Well that was a clutch HBP.

And the error, very clutch.

Will this organization ever learn not to overly weight a small sample size?

Does anyone think he would have gone back to school?  Anyone?  Bueller?

Error cost nothing. Juniors get slot. Mostly. 

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So Cobb cost the O's a first round pick instead of a second round pick?

Because I don't see anyone else picking Grenier before the O's would have picked in the second and I don't see why he woudln't have signed for second round slot money.

Stupid just to give a kid all the money they have left in the pool because it's just sitting there.

I guess they were afraid someone would. Some teams don't use the little mock drafting order. You do not have any other choice but to believe that. And they got Knight as well in the third. Who they considered at Grenier's spot. Supposedly. All you were ever going to get with this top ten was this top ten. No overslots. They blew that when they bought Cobb.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you think he would have gone back to school if the O's offered him #54 slot ( $1,287,800)?

I do not know the fellow. And I guess whatever was left was going to knight no matter what. 

3 minutes ago, weams said:

I guess they were afraid someone would. Some teams don't use the little mock drafting order. You do not have any other choice but to believe that. And they got Knight as well in the third. Who they considered at Grenier's spot. Supposedly. All you were ever going to get with this top ten was this top ten. No overslots. They blew that when they bought Cobb.

No, they didn't have a second round pick and they were afraid their 3rd round talent would be gone by the third so they picked him in the first and overpaid him for no apparent reason.

I do not know the fellow. And I guess whatever was left was going to knight no matter what. 

I'd rather Angelos keep it then reinforce the precedent that if you are the last one to sign the O's will give you all they have left in their pool!