Who is available for LF???

bigbird

Show me another completed trade that backs this up.

I'll turn that around show me a trade involving a SP of Bedard's talent and performance financially in a equal position that has been traded at all.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did not say it was or was not a price the Dodgers SHOULD pay. I said that is what he is worth. I said if he is put on the market some team will pay it. But I wonder what you think he is worth???

BTW I am certain that you could lock up Bedard for less than 10 per for the next 4 years making hime realitively cheap, he will be in his prime for that entire period (thus making him young) and to say he is not good is just a complete joke.

Based upon what evidence?

Show me your evidence.

Sorry but i don't have a link to common sense...Just something you should realize.

Show me the last guy who was traded that was like Bedard....Still cheap, youngish, top of the rotation guy(and doing it in a real league and in a real division), who is under a team's control for 2.5 more years, is healthy and is having a huge year.

And don't say Mulder because when Mulder was traded he had just come off of a year where he was battling hip and back problems, had a 4.43 ERA(worst ERA since rookie year), a K rate that had been on a steady 3 year decline and he had just had the worse walk rate since his rookie year, plus he was doing it in a great pitchers park.

There is no evidence because a guy like Bedard hasn't really been traded, at least not that i can think of.

None of those three descriptors applies to Bedard.

Justin Verlander is an example of a cheap, young top of the rotation guy.

Verlander 3.18 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 90K, 102 IP

Bedard 3.36 ERA, 1.18 WHIP, 129K, 107 IP

Bedard is every bit the top of the rotation guy that Verlander is.

I'd jump on that deal in a minute, but I can't imagine why the Jays would.
Yeah I think this might be a too good to be true situation as well, but I think the Jays are the best target for danny. I've heard a few different times that they are very high on him, which is what I'm basing my opinion (moreso hope) that they would go for something like this.

Sorry but i don't have a link to common sense...Just something you should realize.

Show me the last guy who was traded that was like Bedard....Still cheap, youngish, top of the rotation guy(and doing it in a real league and in a real division), who is under a team's control for 2.5 more years, is healthy and is having a huge year.

And don't say Mulder because when Mulder was traded he had just come off of a year where he was battling hip and back problems, had a 4.43 ERA(worst ERA since rookie year), a K rate that had been on a steady 3 year decline and he had just had the worse walk rate since his rookie year, plus he was doing it in a great pitchers park.

There is no evidence because a guy like Bedard hasn't really been traded, at least not that i can think of.

Mulder had averaged well over 200 innings for his last four seasons, was putting up elite-level ERA+ scores, and had finished second in the Cy Young balloting.

Bedard can't say any of that, plus Bedard's older than Mulder was.

He could say Mulder and it will just bolster the case that Bedard could get two top prospects and another very useful part or two.

Barton moved into top 30 prospect status the offseason he was traded. Haren would of likely been a top-50 prospect had he been qualified to have prospect status. Calero was a very good bullpen guy for the Cardinals.

Bedard would land the Orioles a similar package to all the very good to great pitchers who have been traded in the last five years. I don't see why Bedard would be any different.

Yes, teams value prospects more. Well, teams also value starting pitching more, especially top of the line starters more. So it evens out.

Mulder had averaged well over 200 innings for his last four seasons, was putting up elite-level ERA+ scores, and had finished second in the Cy Young balloting.

Bedard can't say any of that, plus Bedard's older than Mulder was.

I will not disagree with any of this but you still can't look past the poor trends and the injuries Mulder had.

Plus, he was doing it on a better team and in a better ballpark.

Bartolo Colon.

That comp doesn't work, unless there's a team out there at serious risk of being contracted and having their entire system dissolved, like the Expos were at the time of the Colon trade.

He could say Mulder and it will just bolster the case that Bedard could get two top prospects and another very useful part or two.

Barton moved into top 30 prospect status the offseason he was traded. Haren would of likely been a top-50 prospect had he been qualified to have prospect status. Calero was a very good bullpen guy for the Cardinals.

Bedard would land the Orioles a similar package to all the very good to great pitchers who have been traded in the last five years. I don't see why Bedard would be any different.

Yes, teams value prospects more. Well, teams also value starting pitching more, especially top of the line starters more. So it evens out.

Bedard could perhaps net two top prospects if one of them was years away from the bigleagues, as Barton was.

These discussions invariably include two (and sometimes three) top prospects that the O's would plug right into their bigleague lineup.

This is true but i think we can get a better 3rd player.

Archived