Orioles have interviewed Ned Colletti, and others

Flacco Machado

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Hotdiggity said:

Like I said in my first post. By all means, have Ned Colletti. You discount my opinion because I’m a Dodger fan and don’t think I follow the O’s (I do). That’s fine. If you think switching out a bucket of 100% crap with a bucket filled with 90% crap makes the org that much better, then again, by all means. But to me a bucket of $hit is still a bucket of $hit no matter how high it’s piled. 

We do not defeat the filter on this board. I appreciate your input. But I did not want other's thinking we had changed our policy. 

I go back to Manny. Why exactly would Dan or any GM not WANT to keep him? Why? 

You had people on this board and all over internet land criticizing Dan over lack of negations. This was all about money, nothing else. Perhaps Dan didn’t want Nick back, once again any GM would want a Machado.

-The owner controls the money. 

-The owner controls no Int spending. 

-The owner controls blocking deals for Britton and Manny. 

How many people here would want their work judged regardless of what profession they are in if it is constantly being interfered with beyond their control? 

I am not saying we can’t judge Dan or the next GM to some extent but how much? 

1 hour ago, Tx Oriole said:

You act like Colletti pissed on your foot.

Wrong. My level of dislike for Colletti’s management is no greater than the vitriol spilled on this site 1000x a day about Angelos/Buck/Brady/DD. Some here believe that Anybody not in the org is better than what you have. I just think there  are a lot better options but the reality is nothing will change until Angelos sells. Maybe you don’t like my tone but oh well. 

11 minutes ago, pdiddy said:

I wonder how much money it would take to pry McLeod out of Chicago? If they want Brady to be president I’d be ok with it with McLeod as GM.

I do not think anyone of note would come work here if they had to deal with Brady's influence on ownership.

I also don't think Angelos is ever going to pay a manager or GM markedly above market rates.

I look at it this way, we probably aren’t going to have the pick of the litter.    A lot of the young brilliant guys probably won’t want the job.   Colletti is a mixed bag and a little old, but given our current situation we could do a lot worse, too.

1 minute ago, MMussina35 said:

I'd fly in from Vegas to take part in 'Free the Birds 2018'. When ownership is this bad it makes us squabbling over the X's & O's and roster moves pointless. Btw, Ned Colletti is from another era.

The first "Free the Birds" was nothing.  It would need to be something completely different. And by someone completely unrelated. 

Archived