Orioles have interviewed Ned Colletti, and others

Flacco Machado

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite strong statements Wednesday from Orioles managing partner Peter Angelos that the club is not intent on allowing executive vice president Dan Duquette to leave to become president of the division-rival Toronto Blue Jays, the Orioles have compiled a list of Plan B options in case Duquette departs.

According to an industry source, that list -- compiled in the past month -- includes four high-profile former general managers: Ned Colletti, Kevin Towers, Omar Minaya and Kevin Malone, who spent a few years in the mid-1990s as an Orioles assistant general manager.

Note the date - Baltimore Sun, Jan 15, 2015 -  http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/bal-orioles-have-list-of-highprofile-exgms-in-case-duquette-leaves-20150115-story.html

As a Dodger fan I don’t mean to troll, but.....BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

2018 O’s fan: This season can’t possibly get any worse. 

Angelos: Hold my beer. 

I actually dont wish Ned on the O’s. They’ve had a rough go of it the last couple of years and I like the team. 

Just now, Hotdiggity said:

I actually dont wish Ned on the O’s. They’ve had a rough go of it the last couple of years and I like the team. 

Why would Ned be a bad hire?  I need to brace myself if anything comes of this.

2 minutes ago, Hotdiggity said:

Can you elaborate?

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Someone like Ned can have young analytic types working for them.  I know you guys want the latest whiz bang from an Ivy League school who measures fart temperatures to predict batting averages but those types can still be employed by the Orioles and work for a guy like Ned.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIamhve5J0v0kWD6hpGzC

The Orioles front office is so inept that at this point nothing they do surprises me. I think the worst is yet to come with this team, no doubt. Angelos and Brady. What a spectacular duo to lead us into the future.

12 minutes ago, joelala said:

Can you elaborate?

Juan Pierre, Jason Schmidt, Andruw Jones, Ted Lilly, Aaron Harang, Chris Capuano, Brandon League, Brian Wilson 2 year contract, Carlos Santana trade, and many more I’m not thinking of. The guy was a loyal mouthpiece for crappy ownership and hardly transparent about it. Dodger fans all over would cringe at both the July 31 deadline and the offseason to see what group of crummy contracts he was going to hand out. He will (further) hamstring the organization with his moves and make the worst used car salesman look reputable. But...good luck with that

1 minute ago, Hotdiggity said:

Juan Pierre, Jason Schmidt, Andruw Jones, Ted Lilly, Aaron Harang, Chris Capuano, Brandon League, Brian Wilson 2 year contract, Carlos Santana trade, and many more I’m not thinking of. The guy was a loyal mouthpiece for crappy ownership and hardly transparent about it. Dodger fans all over would cringe at both the July 31 deadline and the offseason to see what group of crummy contracts he was going to hand out. He will (further) hamstring the organization with his moves and make the worst used car salesman look reputable. But...good luck with that

Sounds like a perfect fit for the Orioles then.

18 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

According to that article they were looking for someone to work under Buck and Brady.   They would make GM decisions while the hired person would do day to day tasks. 

Probably what they are looking for now.  So the Buck and Brady show can continue. 

19 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Someone like Ned can have young analytic types working for them.  I know you guys want the latest whiz bang from an Ivy League school who measures fart temperatures to predict batting averages but those types can still be employed by the Orioles and work for a guy like Ned.

12 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIamhve5J0v0kWD6hpGzC

He'd be the perfect pushover for PA and Brady.  

Archived