Jim Duquette

eddie83

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

There is no way around the awkwardness and difficulty of the transition.  That is one reason why the future decision should have proactively been done at the end of last year. It is squirrely (even for the O's) to fire your GM in April. "We thought you were the person to lead us to the promised land, but those first few games played in a blizzard radically changed our opinion of you". As the days ticked into November we were already in "Awkward" land.

If it is squirrelly to fire your GM in April what would you call trying to hire someone else in mid June?

23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The problem with that is Duquette already has a really fancy title.  What position can you put the new higher in?

That and of course the huge amount of confusion you will sow in the entire front office.

Yes, because it is such a sane, normal place right now.

Did you manage to keep a straight face typing that last sentence?

3 hours ago, eddie83 said:

If true then why would Jim go off about it? 

I can think of several reasons. 1. He doesn’t like PA after he got canned. 2. He’s a analyst now and needs to stay relavent. 3. He didn’t like the way DD was treated when he wanted to go to Toronto. 4. He’s just a petty individual who can’t get a job inside baseball anymore. It’s not like DD has fed him any major insights or scoops about the O’s. 

4 hours ago, eddie83 said:

If true then why would Jim go off about it? 

Yeah, I think Jim Duquette must have obviously been holding in any angst he's had about his dismissal. He's been a frequent guest on the afternoon Mid-Atlantic Sports Report show for years. He was on Saturday, I think. He has apparently been on someone's good side in the Warehouse for several years after he left.

20 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

I can think of several reasons. 1. He doesn’t like PA after he got canned. 2. He’s a analyst now and needs to stay relavent. 3. He didn’t like the way DD was treated when he wanted to go to Toronto. 4. He’s just a petty individual who can’t get a job inside baseball anymore. It’s not like DD has fed him any major insights or scoops about the O’s. 

Strongly differ with this. If he's  been petty towards the O's ever since his dismissal, then why has he been a constant on the MASN afternoon baseball chat shows? I think he's been on there ever since I got cable nine years ago. That's not a bitter petty person and apparently Angelos or his family have no problem with him. Well, until today.

5 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

The "winner" being the candidate who sucks up to Angelos the longest, the loudest and the most convincingly?  

Stole my thunder. If endurance having one's lips upon Peter G. Angelos' rear end is one of the competitions, Brady is off to a staggeringly head start.

Archived