Jim Duquette

eddie83

15 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Strongly differ with this. If he's  been petty towards the O's ever since his dismissal, then why has he been a constant on the MASN afternoon baseball chat shows? I think he's been on there ever since I got cable nine years ago. That's not a bitter petty person and apparently Angelos or his family have no problem with him. Well, until today.

I don't know the exact reason but I've never been able to stand Jim Duquette has a commentator.  Something about him annoys me.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Strongly differ with this. If he's  been petty towards the O's ever since his dismissal, then why has he been a constant on the MASN afternoon baseball chat shows? I think he's been on there ever since I got cable nine years ago. That's not a bitter petty person and apparently Angelos or his family have no problem with him. Well, until today.

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't know the exact reason but I've never been able to stand Jim Duquette has a commentator.  Something about him annoys me.

I like him, but there is a bit of the William H. Macy Fargo character's nervousness about the way he speaks. I find him to be sincere, though. I think he just has a gentle personality generally and seems kind of like a softie. I don't know him personally, just my observation.

1 minute ago, NashLumber said:

I like him, but there is a bit of the William H. Macy Fargo character's nervousness about the way he speaks. I find him to be sincere, though. I think he just has a gentle personality generally and seems kind of like a softie. I don't know him personally, just my observation.

The William H. Macy comparison is a good reference.  

10 hours ago, NashLumber said:

Any or all of what I said may be true or it may be false...We'll never know. I was replying to a question as to why JD would be upset. It was pure conjecture on my part...which is what "we" do on this board however, most state that conjecture as fact.

10 hours ago, NashLumber said:

I have the same perception of him but, I never really was able to put my finger on it until I saw your post. Maybe that is why I reacted the way I did to the OP. I really don't know the man at all but, there is just something that strikes me as "soft" or "whiney" although he also seems like a genuinely nice man.

In 2015 the Tigers had a poor season. The owner allowed Dave Dombrowksi to sell off players at the trade deadline and then he was fired shortly after. 

Of course we already know that Dan Duquette made trades of both Britton and Manny that ownership rejected. Who knows this time around what will happen. 

If the Orioles would actually allow the most qualified person here to handle the deadline-DD- and then move on like Dombrowski did, that would make some sense. So I doubt that happens.  

12 hours ago, NashLumber said:

1 hour ago, MCO'sFan said:

I have the same perception of him but, I never really was able to put my finger on it until I saw your post. Maybe that is why I reacted the way I did to the OP. I really don't know the man at all but, there is just something that strikes me as "soft" or "whiney" although he also seems like a genuinely nice man.

Don’t let him sell you the undercoat. 

20 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

I wonder what is the right amount of time you are supposed to give someone you are looking to show the door?   Are they supposed to get a week's notice...or a month?    

I like the end of it where JD is talking about them looking at managers as well.   It cut off before he could say more.

Well certainly more than 2 hours. Maybe that's the way it is in sports. But seems backhanded to me. 

20 hours ago, clapdiddy said:

Yes, I agree.   I'm wondering if maybe they are looking at hiring Coletti as a consultant?    Is there still a chance that DD remains here?

I don't think so. Who on earth would work in this kind of atmosphere? 

19 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Business is business. JD seems to have an ax to grind. I embrace the Colletti era. Personally I'm Duquetted out. Both were dismal failures here in my opinion.

Yes business is business. A cold ass way of doing things. But that's the way it is. Unfortunately.

Archived