Jim Duquette

eddie83

1 minute ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Orioles need to trade 4-5 players in the next 4 weeks...

Say to themselves, "You know what we need, a centralized decision maker. Let's take 3 weeks to go figure out who that is, interview for them while our past decision maker is still here."

Unfortunately, their "past decision maker" will still be here after Duquette is gone.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most people have known that Duquette is leaving after this season for years.  Recent events have definitely made it even more obvious.

One can't help but wonder when ownership began to consider who would replace him though.

1 minute ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Business is business. JD seems to have an ax to grind. I embrace the Colletti era. Personally I'm Duquetted out. Both were dismal failures here in my opinion.

Flanagan thought he was mis-treated as well.  How come every ex-GM in the Angelos era seems to think they were mis-treated.  

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Yeah, Coletti is as good as our GM before the end of the season. Ultimately, it doesn't matter what GM we bring in. It will be the same Game of Thrones power struggle with ownership/Brady/Buck (if he stays)/ownership sons, etc. Nothing will ultimately change. So who cares?

Orioles are the intersection of nihilism and fandom. 

The reaper comes for us all.  Change is ultimately always the case. 

I think the Orioles should start making decisions Survivor style. Hire Colletti, Jim Duquette, and perhaps three of four other ex-GMs and bring them in to compete with Brady Anderson, Dan Duquette, and Buck Showalter. The winner gets to be President of Baseball Operations. 

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

I think the Orioles should start making decisions Survivor style. Hire Colletti, Jim Duquette, and perhaps three of four other ex-GMs and bring them in to compete with Brady Anderson, Dan Duquette, and Buck Showalter. The winner gets to be President of Baseball Operations. 

I've never watched Survivor.   What exactly does that mean?   Would they have to eat bugs or something?

11 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Business is business. JD seems to have an ax to grind. I embrace the Colletti era. Personally I'm Duquetted out. Both were dismal failures here in my opinion.

Yeah, that Dan Duquette was awful. I mean, when he was in charge of building the organization they went to the playoffs 2 out 3 years and went to the ALCS after 14 straight losing season. Just awful. 

Just now, SteveA said:

I've never watched Survivor.   What exactly does that mean?   Would they have to eat bugs or something?

Me either really. I just think they have to do tasks and try to finish first. They would form cliques and try and outsmart each other. I'd pay just to have access to the Showalter camera as we follow him around conniving to defeat his enemies. It would be awesome. :D

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Me either really. I just think they have to do tasks and try to finish first. They would form cliques and try and outsmart each other. I'd pay just to have access to the Showalter camera as we follow him around conniving to defeat his enemies. It would be awesome. :D

Buck eh?  Shame the name Naked and Afraid is already taken.

18 minutes ago, atomic said:

Flanagan thought he was mis-treated as well.  How come every ex-GM in the Angelos era seems to think they were mis-treated.  

I don't recall it that way. I remember Mike being distraught that he was not able to return the O's to greatness (viewed himself as a failure)...I don't recall him ever saying that he was mistreated. I remember a lot of other folks saying that after his death.

2 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Went off on the Orioles here. 

A pathetic way to run your business. 

Perhaps it is Duquette that has said he doesn't want to stay (that's what most on the board said after he was not allowed to leave for Toronto). Perhaps he knows and agrees that the O's need to find his replacement. Perhaps, they are looking to dive deep into the international market and the are looking at Colletti to assist DD in that effort. Perhaps the collective "we" have no idea what "we" are talking about and are spouting off about stuff "we" can only guess at. It's call the "Hangout Way"

23 minutes ago, atomic said:

Maybe it's because they were treated like crap throughout their tenure but didn't want to say anything -- you know, loyalty to Angelos, and all that -- and then a little of the pent-up anger and resentment poured out after they were canned. 

Archived