Jim Duquette

eddie83

18 hours ago, MCO'sFan said:

Perhaps it is Duquette that has said he doesn't want to stay (that's what most on the board said after he was not allowed to leave for Toronto). Perhaps he knows and agrees that the O's need to find his replacement. Perhaps, they are looking to dive deep into the international market and the are looking at Colletti to assist DD in that effort. Perhaps the collective "we" have no idea what "we" are talking about and are spouting off about stuff "we" can only guess at. It's call the "Hangout Way"

Failure to get into the international market is on Angelos. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Doesn't sound like you spent a great deal of time in the business world. Perhaps I wrong. The Orioles should be in the business to win and when you don's. Changes need to be made and egos put aside.

I think the Angelos family is in it to make a profit and winning is an added bonus.  And currently MASN is insuring there is a profit annually until the lawsuit with MLB changes the current arrangement.  

4 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Respect your opinion but where are we today as a team and organizationally?  This is as bad as it gets but if you want to grant him a pass, God Bless. He systematically destroyed this team and was living off the success of some great moves that pre-dated his arrival.

I think Duquette has been hamstrung in certain respects, but I agree he shouldn’t get a complete pass, either.   As I’ve said, there’s plenty of blame to go around.   

12 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Doesn't sound like you spent a great deal of time in the business world. Perhaps I wrong. The Orioles should be in the business to win and when you don's. Changes need to be made and egos put aside.

Put it this way. I was on the receiving end of being fired. The company could have fired me the beginning of the day instead of waiting till 5:00. Don't work me all day then fire my ass. So yes I know business. 28 years of state service. I just think there should be a little consideration for the one being fired. IMO 

14 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

Respect your opinion but where are we today as a team and organizationally?  This is as bad as it gets but if you want to grant him a pass, God Bless. He systematically destroyed this team and was living off the success of some great moves that pre-dated his arrival.

I think the main problem has been Angelos. He is the one that is not letting DD get into the international market. But there is a lot of blame to go around. 

21 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think the Angelos family is in it to make a profit and IF they win it’s an added bonus.  And currently MASN is insuring there is a profit annually until the lawsuit with MLB changes the current arrangement.  

Ftfy....

21 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

Put it this way. I was on the receiving end of being fired. The company could have fired me the beginning of the day instead of waiting till 5:00. Don't work me all day then fire my ass. So yes I know business. 28 years of state service. I just think there should be a little consideration for the one being fired. IMO 

Sorry to hear this.  Damn shame they didn't let you get your 30.

21 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

How you expect any GM to be productive over the long haul with how this owner operates I will never know. Heaven forbid if for once we can accurately judge a GM instead of trying to figure out the maze he has to navigate while trying to compete in the AL East.  

Just once I would like to see someone be put in a position to succeed.  

1 hour ago, birdwatcher55 said:

That sucks for sure and I worked 18 years for a company with a similar MO. That didnt happen to me but I did get a 30 day notice when I was terminated as part of a general layoff. Hope you are surviving okay.

Oh I am thank you. I am retired now and enjoying it. 

Archived