Jim Duquette

eddie83

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what is the right amount of time you are supposed to give someone you are looking to show the door?   Are they supposed to get a week's notice...or a month?    

I like the end of it where JD is talking about them looking at managers as well.   It cut off before he could say more.

Yeah, Coletti is as good as our GM before the end of the season. Ultimately, it doesn't matter what GM we bring in. It will be the same Game of Thrones power struggle with ownership/Brady/Buck (if he stays)/ownership sons, etc. Nothing will ultimately change. So who cares?

Orioles are the intersection of nihilism and fandom. 

3 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I wonder what is the right amount of time you are supposed to give someone you are looking to show the door?   Are they supposed to get a week's notice...or a month?    

I like the end of it where JD is talking about them looking at managers as well.   It cut off before he could say more.

I think he doesn’t think it is professional...... to look into hiring someone for a job that is currently held. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

I think he doesn’t think it is professional...... to look into hiring someone for a job that is currently held. 

Yes, I agree.   I'm wondering if maybe they are looking at hiring Coletti as a consultant?    Is there still a chance that DD remains here?

4 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yeah, Coletti is as good as our GM before the end of the season. Ultimately, it doesn't matter what GM we bring in. It will be the same Game of Thrones power struggle with ownership/Brady/Buck (if he stays)/ownership sons, etc. Nothing will ultimately change. So who cares?

Orioles are the intersection of nihilism and fandom. 

Interesting. Why do you think Coletti is a done deal?

Just now, clapdiddy said:

Yes, I agree.   I'm wondering if maybe they are looking at hiring Coletti as a consultant?    Is there still a chance that DD remains here?

I don’t see how DD stays here.

There were talking about this on 105.7 last hour. Melewski is in a tough spot was asked about it and he says this is personal for Jim. 

My bet is what I thought when the  Colletti rumors started. He will do the nuts and bolts and Brady will have the most power. Which I think is a joke. 

I heard a clip from Dan Duquette the other day on the radio where he talked about "we" when talking about what they had done, and then referred to the "Baltimore Orioles" when it came down to what they may want to do in the future.

Spoke volumes to me.

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I heard a clip from Dan Duquette the other day on the radio where he talked about "we" when talking about what they had done, and then referred to the "Baltimore Orioles" when it came down to what they may want to do in the future.

Spoke volumes to me.

He’s always had an odd way of phrasing things though.    I often hear him say, when referring to a player he’s acquired or a minor leaguer, “we think he can be a good contributor to the Orioles,” instead of saying “our ballclub” or the like.    But, I didn’t hear the statement you’re referring to, so I can’t say if this was in that vein or not.  

May they plan to keep DD and let Colletti  join the mix.  Do every decision by unanimous consent with anyone of Buck, Brady, DD Colletti  or the Angelos son's or Peter himself being able to veto. 

Just now, atomic said:

May they plan to keep DD and let Colletti  join the mix.  Do every decision by unanimous consent with anyone of Buck, Brady, DD Colletti  or the Angelos son's or Peter himself being able to veto. 

If Angelos is doing GM interviews, I dont think DD is getting offered another contract.  

Archived