What a relief. O's no longer worse team in baseball!

gtman55

Just now, JR Oriole said:

We know they 1. don't make decisions based on emotions, because if they did Markakis would still be here and 2. don't actually make ANY decisions.  So I don't think you need to worry about that.  At all. 

I live in Atlanta and I was there Friday night.  I actually think Nick may still be hitting doubles against us as we speak....even though we are back in Baltimore.   And even though he was apparently washed up four years ago.

They wanted to bring Markakis back.  They made him a very fair offer.  He had a medical issue and another team stepped up with what the industry considered an overpay.  This wasn't a case where Dan wouldn't return an agent's phone call.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They wanted to bring Markakis back.  They made him a very fair offer.  He had a medical issue and another team stepped up with what the industry considered an overpay.  This wasn't a case where Dan wouldn't return an agent's phone call.

Fortunately, we dodged that bullet and secured Travis Snider instead.  But, like the Davis signing, its all water under the bridge.  Was good to see Nick again.  His swing looks great.  And this is a fun Braves team to watch....although their bullpen has issues right now. 

David Schoenfield ESPN Senior Writer 

schoenfield_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

The Royals have hit .188 in June. They've scored 2.09 runs per game. They could score 30 runs their next game and still be last in runs this month. The Nationals have hit fewer HRs in June (13 for the Royals, 12 for the Nats).

That sounds like a team the O's could actually beat. Maybe 1-0 in the 12th.

11 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

David Schoenfield ESPN Senior Writer 

schoenfield_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

The Royals have hit .188 in June. They've scored 2.09 runs per game. They could score 30 runs their next game and still be last in runs this month. The Nationals have hit fewer HRs in June (13 for the Royals, 12 for the Nats).

That sounds like a team the O's could actually beat. Maybe 1-0 in the 12th.

The Royals may be the worst team record wise by the end of it, but at least they know what they are.

On 6/25/2018 at 2:39 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Actually, I seem to recall there was some long delay in Dan getting back to Nick’s agent at one point.   I’ll see if I can dig up a link.

Edit: not exactly reliable, but here it is:  

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Actually, I seem to recall there was some long delay in Dan getting back to Nick’s agent at one point.   I’ll see if I can dig up a link.

Edit: not exactly reliable, but here it is:  

Ed Norris watched sports and talks about them fairly intelligently, but he is not and never has been a reporter.   It's hard to imagine him cultivating a source (other than in his previous job as a policeman, but that's a different kind of source).

But Tony's writeup did say that during the "Toronto fiasco" period there was a long time where our front office was basically inactive and a lot of possibilities went by the wayside.

On 6/26/2018 at 7:12 AM, Going Underground said:

Reds lost yesterday. 

Have won 2 straight since then.  Remember when people said no way we catch the Reds in the race for worst?  They now have 11 more wins than us. 

Royals win.  2 games up on them now.  

Archived