Brady helped with plan to convert Yacabonis to starter

Going Underground

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Sooner or later they have to figure out what they want to do with Jimmy.27 years old next year.Starter or reliever or nothing.His delivery scares me still.Is it repeatable enough to be effective as a starter ?

Who cares.

I don't mean to sound mean (100% honest when I say that) but I just don't see how this guy fits in anywhere.  I guess there are some things to like about him but he's a JAG.  Hess is a JAG.  Ramirez is a JAG.  

On 8/12/2018 at 6:36 PM, spiritof66 said:

Nah. Camden Yards is too competently, imaginatively and professionally conceived and designed.

Don't we have people who were hired to observe and assess which pitchers have the most potential to become major league starters? Shouldn't their judgment be trusted -- or, if not, shouldn't those people be replaced? What the hell is Brady Anderson doing getting involved in these decisions? What aspect of this failing organization is he going to get involved in next? Whatever he feels like, I guess. Maybe signing Adam Jones to a six-year contract. Or, having succeeded so brilliantly in turning Chris Davis back into an offensive force, converting him into the third baseman we need. 

I realize I'm over- simplifying things, but there are two basic possibilities here. Either the professionals whose job it is to decide how to develop and deploy Oriole pitchers as they advance through the minors are competent professionals, in which case they have to resent and be embittered by Brady's invasion of that precinct, or else they do need this sort of help, in which case they should have been replaced long ago. 

Somebody's got to straighten this out. There's a reason why an MLB franchise and its associated teams and employees are referred to as an "organization." Everything I know -- and there's plenty I don't know -- tells me that you need to have that quality to succeed. The Orioles don't seem to have a semblance of it. I know whose fault I think that is, but it doesn't matter. The question is who can and will fix it. I would be very surprised if John or Lou Angelos -- neither of whom, so far as I can tell, has ever organized anything other than maybe his desk or sock drawer -- can create something that works, but there's hope.  

I had a lovely conversation with her. She definitely did it without help from Brady. Very bright and comepent lady. 

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Who cares.

I don't mean to sound mean (100% honest when I say that) but I just don't see how this guy fits in anywhere.  I guess there are some things to like about him but he's a JAG.  Hess is a JAG.  Ramirez is a JAG.  

Yacabonis dominated as a reliever at multiple levels. I have no problems letting him, Hess, and Ramirez get starts at the MLB level. They’re likely going to make up the core of our bullpen in the future. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yacabonis dominated as a reliever at multiple levels. I have no problems letting him, Hess, and Ramirez get starts at the MLB level. They’re likely going to make up the core of our bullpen in the future. 

I hear ya, yeah he did well in the minors but he's a JAG.  I've seen him pitch, I don't see how he's a big part of any plan.

I may be wrong, but it seems as none of these guys have all that much talent. They don't have out pitches, and a lack of control by Ramirez doesn't help either. Guys like Scott and Carroll at least have the possibility to be something because they have plus pitches. We need to gamble, because the safe guys that can pitch to a 5.5 ERA arent worth much.

• 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Slllooooooow day at MLB Network.  Hot stove?  More like room temperature stove.

Hey @interloper these guys are working out with third parties outside of their respective teams.  Are you ok with that?  I need to know how I should feel.

You should feel your feelings. And the Orioles should build their rotation around Jimmy Yacabonis.

That can’t be right.

27 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Slllooooooow day at MLB Network.  Hot stove?  More like room temperature stove.

Hey @interloper these guys are working out with third parties outside of their respective teams.  Are you ok with that?  I need to know how I should feel.

As long as it isn't Dempsey, man. 

Archived