Chris Bosio

Orioles0615

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I am looking forward to this offseason because we should be hitting the reset button.  Although I don't think it matters as to who we get, some fresh blood can't be worse than what we've got.

giphy.gif

They re-released the NES classic today.

28 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I am looking forward to this offseason because we should be hitting the reset button.  Although I don't think it matters as to who we get, some fresh blood can't be worse than what we've got.

giphy.gif

Nice, Old Skool!

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's exactly what I'd expect to see if a guy was lying and didn't even take long. Stumpf even denies the "spider monkey" nickname. Bosio must really be stupid to think that he could just make things up like that and no one would call him out on it. The context in which Bosio used "monkey" is clear and even more damning that he had the chance to apologize and end the issue, but refused to. That seals the deal. Bosio deserves all he gets.

Also, people get fired or bad things happen to people over "misunderstandings" and emotional overreactions all the time. To imply otherwise is just wrong especially when it comes to things like this and it happens way more than it should and people DO get offended at absolutely everything these days no matter how trivial. This was not trivial.

Also, to people who seem to be claiming that the word "monkey" is somehow inherently offensive, that is a ridiculous statement. It most certainly is not. It's entirely about how words are used and the intent behind the words. Just about any word or combination of words can be used in a way that makes it offensive, but that doesn't mean the word(s) become inherently offensive in any and all contexts. That is so ridiculous if in fact that is the attempted implication.

Bosio is full of crap. His story is so stupid it doesn't make sense.  What's almost worse than calling the kid what he did, is him making up this ridiculous BS story - he's clearly lying and trying to deflect this on to the Tigers and the poor kid.  That's shows a serious lack of character, to say the least.  He'll never work in MLB or the affiliated minor leagues again, IMO.  Maybe independent league, semi-pro, or overseas, if he wants/needs to coach that bad.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

The photo had to be taken in 1980, because Ryan was still with the Angels in 1979 (Super 70's Sports.)

o

Definitely 1980 and probably before the AS break because JR Richard had his stroke shortly after.

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

The photo had to be taken in 1980, because Ryan was still with the Angels in 1979 (Super 70's Sports.)

o

31 minutes ago, 24fps said:

Definitely 1980 and probably before the AS break because JR Richard had his stroke shortly after.

o

We have a thread on Richard in the MLB section, discussing his life (in and out of baseball) in detail.

Spoken about are the events preceding his near-fatal stroke in 1980 (including all of the reporters and team officials whom were insinuating that Richard was "jaking it" when he complained of feeling numbness in his right arm and nausea), the homelessness that he endured several decades later, and his comeback in life since.

It would be much appreciated if you would read it and chime in.

o

Archived