Colby Rasmus placed on Restricted list

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I doubt the O's spend the 1.5m they save from Colby or the 6m+ they save from Manny.   Itks time to go young and save money.   

I agree that Rasmus did us a favor.

It’s money they have for some time in the future, whether next year or three years from now.    

1 minute ago, weams said:

You me an the -0.2 WAR as opposed to the -0.3 WAR?

I'm seeing .8 bWAR for Jay and -.3 bWAR for Rasmus. Regardless, Jay has been solid offensively this year and not injured, and would have been a much better pick than Rasmus. Are you seriously advocating for Rasmus over Jay?

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

It’s money they have for some time in the future, whether next year or three years from now.    

Go on believing that.  I doubt there is any relationship between money saved now and what they spend in the future.

1 minute ago, amdcpus said:

I'm seeing .8 bWAR for Jay and -.3 bWAR for Rasmus. Regardless, Jay has been solid offensively this year and not injured, and would have been a much better pick than Rasmus. Are you seriously advocating for Rasmus over Jay?

image.thumb.png.5650d2a70ccff606df3f0b1083f09d67.png

Rasmus

image.thumb.png.bc6425ac8b5a67795ed7f920235753ca.png

I'm Advocating for neither. And Neither is what the Orioles image.thumb.png.bc6425ac8b5a67795ed7f920235753ca.pnghave. Jon Jay? Seriously?

image.thumb.png.5650d2a70ccff606df3f0b1083f09d67.png

Rasmus

image.thumb.png.bc6425ac8b5a67795ed7f920235753ca.png

I'm Advocating for neither. And Neither is what the Orioles image.thumb.png.bc6425ac8b5a67795ed7f920235753ca.pnghave. Jon Jay? Seriously?

It's .8 WAR for Jon Jay. You're only looking at the time after he was traded. It's also in the upper left hand corner at the top of his page. Jon Jay would have been a significantly better signing than Rasmus.

18 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

It's .8 WAR for Jon Jay. You're only looking at the time after he was traded. It's also in the upper left hand corner at the top of his page. Jon Jay would have been a significantly better signing than Rasmus.

I think it is an equivalent time slice. You can't seriously be thinking Jon Jay is actually good this year. Can you?

You can pick all kinds of things to taunt the Orioles on this year with good reason

Jon Jay is not one of them. 

I think it is an equivalent time slice. You can't seriously be thinking Jon Jay is actually good this year. Can you?

You can pick all kinds of things to taught the Orioles on this year with good reason

Jon Jay is not one of them. 

I'm looking at the stats he has for this season. You're the one cherry picking a bad stretch to "prove" he was just as bad as Rasmus when he's been worth almost 1 WAR and hasn't been injured/unavailable for most of the season unlike Rasmus.

Just now, amdcpus said:

I'm looking at the stats he has for this season. You're the one cherry picking a bad stretch to "prove" he was just as bad as Rasmus when he's been worth almost 1 WAR and hasn't been injured/unavailable for most of the season unlike Rasmus.

Ok. Go on with the Jon Jay love. I am over Colby Rasmus. And his salary. 

I'm not saying Jay is amazing, I'm just pointing out how he would have been a significantly better choice than Rasmus.

3 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

2 minutes ago, weams said:

This is laugh out loud stuff...both of you...stop it.  You are arguing about 2 bad baseball players who are neither expensive nor good.  Personally, I will take the Rasmus deal.

Why? Because it no longer costs anything.

Just now, amdcpus said:

I'm not saying Jay is amazing, I'm just pointing out how he would have been a significantly better choice than Rasmus.

But now that Colby is gone, we don't have another needless vet taking up a spot on the roster.  So it all worked out for the O's to not sign Jay.

Archived