Grayson Rodriguez 2018

Frobby

Grayson Rodriguez debuted in the GCL today, pitching a scoreless inning, walking two and striking out one.     Glad he’s getting his feet wet.   I believe the O’s plan to bring him to Aberdeen eventually.   

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Hobgood part deux but much worse bc the other pitchers available here could have real strong upside. Frustrating, but wish him the best. 

True, huge sample size in the minors so far. Glad you’re not rushing to judgment.

48 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Hobgood part deux but much worse bc the other pitchers available here could have real strong upside. Frustrating, but wish him the best. 

Come on, you are better than comments like that. At least wait until you see him pitch professionally to write him off.

8 hours ago, Rene88 said:

You are like Webbrick Part Deux, but without the baseball knowledge.

Don't really get why Rodriguez is limited to 1 inning while fellow high schooler Drew Rom has gone 4 innings in each of his first 2 starts.  I'm all about monitoring innings and taking it easy if necessary but it's not like that helped Harvey and Bundy prevent injury.

13 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Don't really get why Rodriguez is limited to 1 inning while fellow high schooler Drew Rom has gone 4 innings in each of his first 2 starts.  I'm all about monitoring innings and taking it easy if necessary but it's not like that helped Harvey and Bundy prevent injury.

I wouldn’t worry about that.   This season is just about Rodriguez getting his feet wet at the professional level.   DL Hall only pitched 10.1 innings last year, and he’s cruising along quite nicely this year.   Every situation is different, depending on the pitcher’s workload before he signed and other factors.   

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

You are like Webbrick Part Deux, but without the baseball knowledge.

9 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Come on, you are better than comments like that. At least wait until you see him pitch professionally to write him off.

Hey, if Grayson does bomb, Rene88 gets to say he was on record first calling it.

9 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

It’s not him I don’t have faith in. There were 3 stud pitchers we passed on. We picked a no hit/all glove SS with the 1st round supplemental. I have zero faith in this org’s judgement.

13 minutes ago, Mountain Bird said:

That sure is a negative legacy to claim!!

The defenders all lined up for Hobgood too and vanished when he failed. Saying I have zero faith in the kid is not accurate, and people know this. I have zero faith in this org.

Archived