Grayson Rodriguez 2018

Frobby

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Looks like he's dominant to a degree but the 5BB 4k's makes him a great Oriole already.

DL Hall had an ERA near 7 in the GCL last year and now he's considered one of the best pitching prospects in the SAL.  These stats don't mean much one way or the other.

1 hour ago, glenn__davis said:

DL Hall had an ERA near 7 in the GCL last year and now he's considered one of the best pitching prospects in the SAL.  These stats don't mean much one way or the other.

Yep, you're right.  Hopefully Gray-Rod (oooohhhh!!!) and DL Hall work their way up.  

7 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

GrayRod's longest pro outing so far today.

4IP, 4H, 1R, 2BB, 5K

Allowed the run on a HR.

Pretty much all we can do is stat scout these guys in the GCL but have there been any reports about his velocity/off speed pitches?

1 minute ago, LTO's said:

Pretty much all we can do is stat scout these guys in the GCL but have there been any reports about his velocity/off speed pitches?

There is a tweet about it posted earlier in this thread, I think it was from his 1st or 2nd outing.

19 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

GrayRod's longest pro outing so far today.

4IP, 4H, 1R, 2BB, 5K

Allowed the run on a HR.

Was there today, Rodriguez only pitched the first 2 innings. Stauffer came in for the 3rd, so boxscore is inaccurate. The one radar gun I saw, he was right at 89. Definitely, not letting it loose today. Did show nice secondary pitches and very nice presence on the mound, just not very high on the velo

2 minutes ago, Triple Crown said:

Was there today, Rodriguez only pitched the first 2 innings. Stauffer came in for the 3rd, so boxscore is inaccurate. The one radar gun I saw, he was right at 89. Definitely, not letting it loose today. Did show nice secondary pitches and very nice presence on the mound, just not very high on the velo

Thanks for the correction! Dang GCL box scores. 

5 minutes ago, Triple Crown said:

For comparison, how hard were Stauffer and Montville throwing? 

1 minute ago, Triple Crown said:

If you were wondering if it was a slow gun, I don't think it was. That speed was what I thought it could be with the naked eye, definitely not overpowering

Just wondering because a scout with a gun had him t95 earlier this month, plus velocity readings on any pitcher in the system are always welcome.

Using GCL box scores should always be taken with a grain of salt but 3 more scoreless innings for Rodriguez. 

3 SO, 1 H, 0 BB. Good to see no walks as that's pretty much the only flaw on his statline to this point. Would love to see a report from someone down there who has watched him. 

28 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Using GCL box scores should always be taken with a grain of salt but 3 more scoreless innings for Rodriguez. 

3 SO, 1 H, 0 BB. Good to see no walks as that's pretty much the only flaw on his statline to this point. Would love to see a report from someone down there who has watched him. 

You left out the 3 K’s.   So on the year that’s 12 IP, 7 H, 0 R, 5 BB, 10 K’s.    Not a bad line.   They’re still holding him to 3 innings so far.   I wonder if they’ll stretch him out at all and/or give him a taste of Aberdeen later this summer.    

Interestingly, most of the 10 HS pitchers selected in the first round haven’t debuted yet, or have seen very limited action.   Only two HS first rounders have thrown 8+ innings - Rodriguez and Liberatore.

Archived