Big time talk from Dan

eddie83

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, if Duquette orchestrated this deal and is going to be allowed to do what he said, then I'm more comfortable with him stating around and would actually prefer that. Just keep Brady Anderson away from the free agents...or better yet...twll Brady to take a hike.

I really do think however that Bucks time here needs to be up. I think a younger manager with a fresh look needs to happen. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Mike Matheny. 

Yeah I will believe it when I see it.  Would be gobsmacked if he is here next year.  And I don't even know what gobsmacked means, so if it happens, I'll have to look it up in the dictionary, and it'll be a whole thing.  So basically I am betting against it.  Idk.  But it sure sounds nice doesn't it.

10 minutes ago, neveradoubt said:

Now trade Britton to phillies for Crawford  SS and Franco  3B. They are young and better than current roster players. IMO

Britton wouldn't bring that back. JP Crawford was a Top 30 prospect in MLB this year. 

2 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I just called the radio and mentioned your article.  ^_^  Terry says he's VERY familiar with it.

Terry is my boy! One of the best in Baltimore. A true Baltimore guy who knows the history of Baltimore sports as well as anyone and who is entertaining to listen to as well. I always enjoy doing his show when he asks.

2 hours ago, canonfaz said:

I'm not 100% against keeping Buck as manager. It might be more his speed at this point though to just be like some type of minor league coordinator or adviser. 

If the Orioles really are adopting analytics and a modern approach to the game, then Buck shouldn't be managing the Orioles in 2019. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Terry is my boy! One of the best in Baltimore. A true Baltimore guy who knows the history of Baltimore sports as well as anyone and who is entertaining to listen to as well. I always enjoy doing his show when he asks.

Terry Ford is awesome and it's a shame he usually works late night and weekends.  Why 105.7 prefers other hosts for the weekday shifts (hello failed NFL GM!) over Terry is beyond my comprehension. 

Archived